The Student Room Group

Most cringe things you've done when you have a crush

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
I did something cringe-worthy yesterday!

So he's giving his dog a bath and I decide to o say hi to the dog :banghead: Why I would do something like that I had no idea, so I walk up there, ignore him, say hi to the dog and am wondering "What?!, am I actually doing this!!". I'm standing there n he's like "hi, why'd u come around, need any help?". I then promptly say "No that's enough" and run off!! Oh dear me :colondollar:
I was 15 years old and had a huge crush on a Canadian guy I met in church.
Told him he is always on my "butt" thinking that means I always have him in my heart.
I English was poor back that time.

Still embarrassing telling this.
Actually it's the first time I ever told anyone. :colondollar:
I sneezed on him, but i think he doged most of it. I couldn't even help it, i had no idea iwas allergic to pollen. it was one of those big sneezes that just creep up on you and you have NO idea.
sent an email and ecard telling him I liked him. It probably had some cheesy graphics on it too.. the funniest part was that afterwards a few weeks or months later when I was with my mum, I saw this guy in the street, so my mum obviously felt it necessary to start a conversation with him... so I had to stand there trying to avoid eye contact for 5 minutes.

HAHAHAHA XD.. Oh dear :/.. I feel embarrased just thinking about it
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Willbean
Hear hear.

In fact I strangely start to avoid them.

me too. :frown:.
Original post by smjwell
We live in the same direction, so can get the same bus together although he gets off a few stops before me. We have tutorial together, which is just before lunch. He doesn't have lessons after lunch, however I do. Regardless of this, I get on the bus with him and pretend I'm off home just to spend some time with him. I actually get off at the stop after his, then cross the road and get the bus back to college.

isnt that a bit of a waste of money lol :smile:..

Cant you just tell him to wait until you've finished your class? :smile:
Original post by Kalliope

I do that too much :blush: Similar thing, facebook stalking and by mistake I clicked 'like' on a really old comment this guy had written in a conversation on an old status of his. We were facebook friends but had only talked about once in the real world. Next time I come on facebook and he obviously was freaked out by the like notification because he'd blocked me :O

Ahaha, so harsh that he actually blocked you! My lecturer never said anything but the next tutorial with him was pretty awkward, I tried to convince myself I hadn't actually clicked it and he wouldn't have seen the notification but he definitely did... :redface:
Reply 147
Original post by hannahchan
isnt that a bit of a waste of money lol :smile:..

Cant you just tell him to wait until you've finished your class? :smile:

I have free bus travel.

We finish tutorial at 12 and my lessons don't finish until 5, so I doubt he'd wait 4 hours. I'm not sure I'd even wait 4 hours for him!
Talk about nerdy stuff like films and books -_- LOTS like I can't stop talking
He likes that kind of think but I think he sees it as a friend thing. Yay me.
Reply 149
Text her everyday because I'm a persistent idiot. I told my self never again though, we all learn..
Reply 150
The ol' barman crush: filled out a 'comment card' after having lunch at his bar, suggesting that he work his shifts topless.

... He thought I meant the other guy, and for that reason, didn't ask me out. >_>
In primary school I would stare meaningfully at the man who played the piano during choir practice irrespective of mood or lyrics.
As drunk as can be, message a friend talking about my crush, how she is 'sexy', how I 'love her' (very very drunk), and agreeing to some sort of prom pact (he'll ask someone if I ask her).

Then next morning realise the message had been sent to my crush. :stomp: Out of everyone it could have went to it went to her :eek:
I dreamt I hugged her outside her house, just that lol :/
Reply 154
My friends once rang up the girl (who I later married) because they knew I liked her.

We were all very drunk.

I was so drunk I was actually unconscious, my friends so drunk they hadn't noticed. It was a strange phone call.
Original post by when she was 22
I used to go to a dance/drama thing on weekends and really fancied a guy who went there too. I was so nervous around him that we basically barely ever spoke. Once we ended up walking there at the same time and he waved and smiled at me, I just did a :indiff: face (inwardly thinking omfg :fan: :colondollar:) and I seem to vaguely remember giving him a very strange look and not going over to walk with him like he was obviously asking me to :facepalm:

A few weeks later, one of our mutual friends told me he'd said he thought I didn't like him.

Urg. So many times I think I've turned away I guy I had a mutual attraction with, purely because I couldn't act like a normal human being around them.
Original post by Yidette
The ol' barman crush: filled out a 'comment card' after having lunch at his bar, suggesting that he work his shifts topless.

... He thought I meant the other guy, and for that reason, didn't ask me out. >_>

Ohh god, my friends and I once wrote a dirty poem about a new barman in our local Wetherspoons and sent our (male and exceptionally drunk) friend over to read it out. He thankfully failed to mention it was from us, but did mention the poor guy looked really creeped out.
Googled him... :colondollar: guys, I don't have fb, what could i do? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
All my memories around girls are pure cringe.

Please don't even get me thinking.
Tripped in year 3 and landed on his lap, in class. Yeah I'm that kid the subtle one...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending