The Student Room Group

TSR Muscle Building Society For Men V8

Scroll to see replies

Poor choice of words on my part. And I was only interpreting the message of the video.
Original post by RollerBall
When the minority is very small something like a few would have been a better choice of words.

How many powerlifters can you name that lift more HB than LB? I can't think of any off the top of my head. Besides, you don't really have a point when the vast majority it works best for. Naming the odd example doesn't really prove anything, there are outliers in everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you watched the video you'd have one name - Eric Lilliebridge.
Original post by RollerBall
When the minority is very small something like a few would have been a better choice of words.

How many powerlifters can you name that lift more HB than LB? I can't think of any off the top of my head. Besides, you don't really have a point when the vast majority it works best for. Naming the odd example doesn't really prove anything, there are outliers in everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kirk Karkowski (sp?). That is one person though.

All the gyms round where I am have squat racks Becca; consider Yorkshire.
Reply 583
My home town is really in the arse-end of nowhere and I just found out my mum has jury duty the 2 weeks I'm home so I won't even be able to borrow the car. Annoying. Might hire a car lol.
Reply 584
I often hear about which girls give good head blah blah,

Thinking about it, nobody gets better head than me. I can receive like a pro.

(sorry for the subject matter Becca... but obviously)
Reply 585
[video="youtube;dChhzNGHgnA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dChhzNGHgnA[/video]

Rather pessimistic view. Seems like it contradicts the epigenetics video by Andrew405squat that Ilidian_stormrage posted a while back whereby we basically all have the same potential but it just takes longer for different people as it takes time to turn on and off some genes (or to that effect).
How much variation in myostatin do we have on average?
[video="youtube;aPnTpfaBNxU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aPnTpfaBNxU[/video]
Reply 588
Original post by Jtking3000
[video="youtube;dChhzNGHgnA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dChhzNGHgnA[/video]

Rather pessimistic view. Seems like it contradicts the epigenetics video by Andrew405squat that Ilidian_stormrage posted a while back whereby we basically all have the same potential but it just takes longer for different people as it takes time to turn on and off some genes (or to that effect).

I don't know how old Arnold is in the pic but he started lifting very young and was a competitive powerlifter before he was 20, so no wonder he looks big, he didn't just walk around like that with no training.

I think it's a video that encourages people to blame their failure on genetics, if someone is failing to bulk they most likely either have a **** routine or are not eating enough. When I was younger (17-18) and ended up squatting 150kg in 8 months (not even exactly AMAZING progress) my friends who I went with automatically pinned it on my genetics, not the fact that I was the one forcing down 2 pints of milk on the way back from college while they ate chips most days.
(edited 10 years ago)
Arnold was on drugs from quite a young age iirc
Drugs or no drugs, Arnold's chest is probably the best ever and it's genetics. There's loads of guys with bigger chests.

I have no problems with people taking drugs. I just hate fake naturals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How can I make my protein shake less sweet , this mutant mass stuff is disgusting !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by silent ninja
Drugs or no drugs, Arnold's chest is probably the best ever and it's genetics. There's loads of guys with bigger chests.

I have no problems with people taking drugs. I just hate fake naturals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll admit it-I've been riding the bike for the last few months :frown:
Original post by AreebWithaHat
I'll admit it-I've been riding the bike for the last few months :frown:

Damn son. I'm surprised :s-smilie: it's that Ferguson stop hanging around with him lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Futuristicmedic
How can I make my protein shake less sweet , this mutant mass stuff is disgusting !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just take the unflavoured stuff.
Original post by Smack
Just take the unflavoured stuff.

I've got 6.8 kg of this stuff haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Next time taste it before buying kgs of the stuff.
Reply 597

Lol. Why? Assuming it is this stuff - you would have had to have paid much less then they are advertising it for for it not to have been a bit of a rip off.

£50 for 1.3kg of protein? you could damn near get 6kg of chicken breast for that money and get the same amount of protein.

Does watering it down more not work? Other than that - I guess with 6kg to work through you may just get used to the taste.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Container Size: 6.8kg
Serving Size: 260g
Servings Per Container: 26

Well at least you've only got 25 left to go. To be perfectly honest I would buy something else once you've finished that!
Reply 599
Original post by Mark85
Lol. Why? Assuming it is this stuff - you would have had to have paid much less then they are advertising it for for it not to have been a bit of a rip off.

£50 for 1.3kg of protein? you could damn near get 6kg of chicken breast for that money and get the same amount of protein.

Does watering it down more not work? Other than that - I guess with 6kg to work through you may just get used to the taste.

Surely if you go to a butchers and not a supermarket you can get a lot more chicken than 6kg for 50quid. There's a butchers near where I live that sells chicken for £4.40 per kg. Thats over 11kg chicken for that price.

Quick Reply

Latest