The Student Room Group

TSR Muscle Building Society For Men V8

Scroll to see replies

In the squat is a slight forward shift of weight in the hole and heels ever so slightly coming up a bad thing? I'm sure it's not dangerous but is it worth a deload?
Original post by AreebWithaHat
In the squat is a slight forward shift of weight in the hole and heels ever so slightly coming up a bad thing? I'm sure it's not dangerous but is it worth a deload?

Personally not a deload issue, more of a think more about driving through your heels more and maybe sit back

Not that I'm a form expert... at all
Reply 5982

It's worth addressing but whether or not that requires a deload depends on you. I'd give it a few times squatting to see if you can fix it and if not then deload- unless it gets worse then deload instead of heading off in the wrong direction.

I'd personally deload. Are you on LP? I'd say its pretty difficult to correct form if you're grinding. If heels are coming up, I'd say its more than a slight shift of weight into the mid foot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RollerBall
I'd personally deload. Are you on LP? I'd say its pretty difficult to correct form if you're grinding. If heels are coming up, I'd say its more than a slight shift of weight into the mid foot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yh texas method for squats. will do one more session and see how it goes. I am grinding atm.

here's a vid showing the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCRn21UMN2w&index=16&list=UUmR7XbsJ9Fqvejc18DVXqfQ

It's a form thing caused by lack of mobility, poor technique or both having relatively bad mobility and having awkward proportions that make it difficult to keep the c.o.g over mid foot.
yh texas method for squats. will do one more session and see how it goes. I am grinding atm.

here's a vid showing the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCRn21UMN2w&index=16&list=UUmR7XbsJ9Fqvejc18DVXqfQ

You actually sat back and drove through your heels on your last rep :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5987
Anyone know decent gyms in central Manchester? Only one I know of is Olympic Sport Gym which is too far out for regular use and google is being unhelpful.
Original post by TSA
Anyone competing in the MASS (Muscle and Athletic Sport Society) powerlifting competition at Leicester uni on November 8?

Not me, but I'll be present! :smile:. Hopefully see you there!

For anyone else who might be interested, the full details are available here: http://www.thebodymass.org/student-powerlifting-championships
Original post by BKS
Anyone know decent gyms in central Manchester? Only one I know of is Olympic Sport Gym which is too far out for regular use and google is being unhelpful.

Central fitness. It's run by Matt Griffiths . He's a big offensive strongman but a great coach.

Would recommend it a hundred times over.
Original post by Motorbiker
Central fitness. It's run by Matt Griffiths . He's a big offensive strongman but a great coach.

Isn't that in Birmingham
Whatever happened to Matt Griff? Strong ****.
Original post by Motorbiker

Lol his gym's in Brum :p:
Good deed for the day done.

Original post by Michael XYZ
Good deed for the day done.

I don't think I could bring myself to open that many threads in the fitness forum in one day.

Also spotted you around the misc a bit recently :redface: (you know which thread :biggrin: )
Reply 5995
I've found the option of Sugden at the uni, which I can't find much detail of it but it named the forum so had to be decent at some point. Though top google image result:

97edb6133b038826845aaca201b6ee4511c3a32869ea1782cf858703e6ae36f2.jpg

Maybe only an option if I get flexi-time and can go before 5. I might go ask on the Manchester Uni forum
What can I say, I'm just too kind.
Original post by Piggsil
Lol his gym's in Brum :p:

It's north of London so "up north" and all one place. :tongue:
I've just joined a gym.

I'm about 6 foot and 75kg with a chubby thighs and stomach. I'm looking to gain muscle all round. At my gym we have dumbbells, squat rack, bench press, pull down and mid row, chest press, seated leg press and pull ups. In terms of cardio we have rowing machines, treadmill, punching bag and cross trainers.

Could someone please help me with with planning a rounded routine. Obviously you can't tell me what weight to lift, maybe what order and which I should do on which days. I'll be going daily. Also what should I be eating?

Thanks for your help!

:smile:

(It's not a great equipped gym but it's £40 a year and literally 10m from my room)
"Eat while pooping

Be a solver of problems not a creator"

XYZ 2014

Some class replies in your posting session :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest