The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by emily12321
I submitted mine on the 4th of November and haven't heard anything back yet, is this normal? Or am I just being impatient? I've had offers from my other 4 choices :tongue:

I applied since oct 14 and haven't heard anything back as yet and my grades and ps are almost flawless + I have loads of EC's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Finally got an offer back from sheffield - sent my application off a week yesterday and they got back to me yesterday evening. ABB conditional for Journalism - so happy! I don't have an interview or anything either, the only thing is a department open day which isn't compulsory. well done everyone else for getting offers, fingers crossed to those who haven't received them yet!
Reply 382
Original post by MK_
If you've received an email saying that Sheffield 'intend to give' you an offer and invite you to an open day, is there any obligation to attend? I can't get the time off school but don't want to risk not getting an offer by declining their invitation, is that at all likely?

NOOOOOO!!!!
Original post by Arieisit
I applied since oct 14 and haven't heard anything back as yet and my grades and ps are almost flawless + I have loads of EC's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's just me being impatient then!:smile: what are your AS grades and what's an EC?
Reply 384
I submitted mine on the 4th of November and haven't heard anything back yet, is this normal? Or am I just being impatient? I've had offers from my other 4 choices :tongue:

What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 385
Original post by Moist Penguin
When I got mine for physics it said I had got a conditional offer but it won't go to UCAS till after I go to a visit day. I'm going up on the 11th of december for mine. Good luck with your one this wednesday.

Thank you:smile: good luck to you too!
Reply 386
Original post by Poptart-virgin
I applied for maths with study abroad on 11th October and haven't heard anything else since my acknowledgement letter :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm I sent mine last week and got an email yesterday inviting me to an open day before they send my offer to ucas, whats are your predicted grades? :smile:
Original post by Clarker
What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

History and politics :smile: you?
Got my History offer when I was in Sheffield seeing Arctic Monkeys on Monday!
Hey guys, I have an unconditional offer for zoology, I got it on the 25th October :smile:
Just received an invitation to attend an open day for computer science. I wasn't expecting a reply this quickly; I only sent off my application on Monday.
Anyone got an offer for Journalism studies?
Reply 392
Original post by Stewart365

Well done! When did you apply?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 393
History and politics :smile: you?

Ooo just history! Where else have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 394
it's just me being impatient then!:smile: what are your AS grades and what's an EC?

I have grades of AAAB with ums 97, 95, 90 and 79 in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and English respectively.

An EC is extracurricular activities mine of which includes:

I am the president of the science, astronomy and scientific debate club. I have written and placed first in my country in maths olympiad. My team won an astronomy quiz(I answered 90% of the questions). I've placed 3rd in an engineering design and build competition. I tutor students maths and physics twice a week, I've been to university mathematics lectures (without examination)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophiestewart
Anyone got an offer for Journalism studies?

I got one the other day, yeah :smile: what are your predicted grades/offer?
Original post by georgie_wbu
I got one the other day, yeah :smile: what are your predicted grades/offer?

I'm predicted A* A* A, still waiting to find out!
Original post by Stewart365

Arctic Monkeys were one one of the reasons I applied to Sheffield in the first place! :tongue:

Original post by beccac94
Hey guys, I have an unconditional offer for zoology, I got it on the 25th October :smile:

Wow, congrats! I got a conditional offer for zoology. Are you on a gap year?
Original post by Rocket Queen

Wow, congrats! I got a conditional offer for zoology. Are you on a gap year?

Yep on a gap year :smile: Is Sheffield your top choice???
Sheffield is an exceptional city. I don't live in Sheffield but welcome any opportunity to visit its a great size with everything you could want from a big city with lovely friendly locals and exceptional transport links to the rest of the country. A strong sporting heritage exists throughout the city with two football team who are both mnassively underperforming at present. A great history of success in boxing with more world champions per capita than any other major UK city. The shopping is also brilliant with a great high street as well as the brilliant out of town Meadowhall shopping centre. My interesting fact is that Sheffield Hallam voting ward is the most expensive place to live outside of London with the average resident earning in excess of £60,000 per year hahahaahahahaahahahahahahahahaah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending