The Student Room Group

Edexcel C1, C2 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Judging by the amount of people who have marks in the 60's at my school and on TSR I think the Grade boundaries will be quite high!?
urgh lost a couple marks on the asymptotes and a mark on the stupid phones question haha. apart from that though seems like i got everything else right ! what do we think an A is gonna be ?
I think around 62/63 it was an easy paper.
Reply 783
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Yeah I got this too

same =)..I hope its right
Original post by maxtate
Unofficial Markscheme:

Thanks for the unofficial markscheme! think I got them all :biggrin:
Appreciated :biggrin:
Reply 785
[QUOTE="barkers1112;42610819"]
Original post by maxtate
Unofficial Markscheme:

Thanks for the unofficial markscheme! think I got them all :biggrin:
Appreciated :biggrin:

No problem! Congrats xD
Original post by Dilzo999
I think around 62/63 it was an easy paper.

yeah seems reasonable - what ums would 72/75 get in that case ?
Original post by Fas
yeah seems reasonable - what ums would 72/75 get in that case ?

My best guess is around 92-96 UMS. Hard to say really, as it was a fairly decent paper, but at least 90 I reckon.
Can't wait till C2. Absolutely going all out to get full ums.
Original post by James A

Snap! You aiming for the A* next year then by any chance? :wink:
Original post by James A

like-****ing-wise :wink:

i even think i can get 90 ums on S1 if i put in some work between now and friday lol
Original post by Fas

i even think i can get 90 ums on S1 if i put in some work between now and friday lol

Do it :colone: S1 is overrated!
Reply 793
Original post by Sensy
Got full marks apart from Q11, got the normal as y=-3x -6 and the length as 2 root 10. :frown: Hopefully I get some method marks

I did exactly the same on Q11! :redface:
Reply 794
I wrote 27000 for the sum question and then wrote another answer so will i get full marks as it say on every mark scheme to mark the correct answer only and not the wrong answer
Original post by barkers1112
Snap! You aiming for the A* next year then by any chance? :wink:

I've finished my A-Level maths, but retaking C2 to get my 2 ums for an A overall. I'm on a gap year now.

Original post by Fas

I got 84/100 in S1 back in June 11 and believe me, you need to make sure you don't screw up the first part of a question, otherwise the remaining parts to the question are ruined!

When's your S1 exam?
Original post by James A
I've finished my A-Level maths, but retaking C2 to get my 2 ums for an A overall. I'm on a gap year now.

I got 84/100 in S1 back in June 11 and believe me, you need to make sure you don't screw up the first part of a question, otherwise the remaining parts to the question are ruined!

When's your S1 exam?

They've got S1 on Friday, I think.
Reply 797
Original post by justinawe
They've got S1 on Friday, I think.

Yeap it's on Friday, I'm looking forward to it I love stats! :biggrin:
Just beware of the silly mistakes like mistyping numbers on your calculator, that will mess up everything.
Original post by James A

When's your S1 exam?

yeah thats my main worry really , that im gonna mess up early on :frown: REALLY struggling with probability atm , its the only chapter that annoys me - understand everything else just fine apart from the whole " state whether this is a good thing with a reason " blah blah etc those 2 markers which are a pain in the arse

its on friday morning mate :smile:
Reply 799
Hello Everyone! I sat the core 1 exam as well.... Can someone tell me how many marks does the last question worth???

Because I did it the VERY last minute! Basically I wrote the correct equation but then I attempted to substitute x as 0 and y as 0 then I plugged in the the Length equation... (but like i've said it was like the last minute therefore I realize the coordinates wrong) and i crossed it out.... (the second after that I had to put the pens down....) do you think I would have got some method marks?????

how many marks is that question out of ??????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending