The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Accommodation 2013-2014

Hi all i am going into my first year just waiting to see if I pass my exams. I am thinking of going to look at the accommodation in Preston any ideas which are the best to look at

Thank you
Lawson and IQ Kopa are the best in my opinion. They have ensuite rooms and are quite nice flats. I'm staying in Lawson at the minute and absolutely love it. Whitendale and Roeburn etc. aren't too bad it's just the fact that they're a bit older than the others. Whitendale isn't ensuit and the flats are slightly smaller than other halls.

But where ever you end up staying there's not really a 'bad' choice to be honest :smile:
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by AdamHarriis
Lawson and IQ Kopa are the best in my opinion. They have ensuite rooms and are quite nice flats. I'm staying in Lawson at the minute and absolutely love it. Whitendale and Roeburn etc. aren't too bad it's just the fact that they're a bit older than the others. Whitendale isn't ensuit and the flats are slightly smaller than other halls.

But where ever you end up staying there's not really a 'bad' choice to be honest :smile:

What flat you in at Lawson? :smile: Also do you know much about 22?
Original post by MattS93
What flat you in at Lawson? :smile: Also do you know much about 22?

I'm in Flat 24 at the minute mate and it's sick haha. The flats are either 4 rooms or 7 rooms ie every flat that is a multiple of three is a 7 room and the rest are all 4 rooms. So if you're in 22 you're only looking for another 3 people!

The living rooms in 4 people flats are slightly bigger than the 7 people flats but you don't have a dishwasher :wink: But all of the bedrooms are pretty decent sizes too :smile:
Reply 4
I'm in Flat 24 at the minute mate and it's sick haha. The flats are either 4 rooms or 7 rooms ie every flat that is a multiple of three is a 7 room and the rest are all 4 rooms. So if you're in 22 you're only looking for another 3 people!

The living rooms in 4 people flats are slightly bigger than the 7 people flats but you don't have a dishwasher :wink: But all of the bedrooms are pretty decent sizes too :smile:

Cool so i only have 3 people to find lol and ah cool, are you able to get photos of the flat? :P also how are the beds, because the photos don't look pleasing :P
Original post by MattS93
Cool so i only have 3 people to find lol and ah cool, are you able to get photos of the flat? :P also how are the beds, because the photos don't look pleasing :P

Yeah sure mate I'll take some for you :smile: The beds aren't actually that bad either like
Original post by MattS93

Areet mate! These photo's are of another flat but it's pretty much a mirror image of the one you will be in, just so you have a basic idea :smile:

Don't worry about the fact it looks a bit dim and dingy, that's just because it was night time and the fact Blackberry cameras are a heap of **** haha
Reply 7
Areet mate! These photo's are of another flat but it's pretty much a mirror image of the one you will be in, just so you have a basic idea :smile:

Don't worry about the fact it looks a bit dim and dingy, that's just because it was night time and the fact Blackberry cameras are a heap of **** haha

haha the flat doesn't seem bad, what's the bedroom sizes like?
The rooms aren't too bad, apparently they're a bit bigger than other Unis. A few of my mates were surprised how at big my room was compared to theirs at their Uni. They're pretty decent size so fitting all of your stuff in shouldn't be a problem :smile:
Reply 9
Thank you i going viewing accommodation on the weekend got a few to look at whats warehouse, liberty court and brunel like i want to view these
Reply 10
Original post by roseflower123
Thank you i going viewing accommodation on the weekend got a few to look at whats warehouse, liberty court and brunel like i want to view these

You will Like liberty court
Reply 11
Hi guys! As I saw in this thread, one of you sent some pictures from the single rooms.

Can anyone send a picture from the Isambard Studio Flats?
I will probably be staying there, and I want to have an idea of how they look. On the website I found only 2, and I can't tell anything form the pictures.

Or, if anyone can tell me just a word or two about the studios.

Thanks!
Reply 12
You got an idea of how big the room would be in flat 1 flat 22?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MattS93
You got an idea of how big the room would be in flat 1 flat 22?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Round about the same size as mine mate, might aswell put a photo up so you get an idea. There's obviously a bit more space behind on this for the bathroom and wardrobe and stuff but aye :smile:
Reply 14
Ah right cool, it looks quite big.. the beds comfy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
They're not too bad really, some of them are pretty squeeky though haha
Reply 16
Haha, yeah fingers crossed mine isn't lmaoo
Reply 17
Original post by roseflower123
Hi all i am going into my first year just waiting to see if I pass my exams. I am thinking of going to look at the accommodation in Preston any ideas which are the best to look at

Thank you

Liberty Court is nice, i lived there last year and living there again this year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending