The Student Room Group

How to interact with guys??

Next week I will be leaving my current school and in September I will be going to college. For the last 5 years at this school I have only really been surrounded by girls (considering its an all girls school) and so I'm a bit apprehensive.

It's not like I've not spoken to a guy for that long, just not regularly and mostly only during school holidays.

I've avoided all things like relationships when people have asked me out and whatnot because I was kind of scared at first but then it jus became a matter of principle when the workload started to pile up.

The point is, when I go to college I don't want to be in the kind of position where I can't interact without guys because I feel awkward or silly or like I'll do something wrong and embarrass myself.

So has anyone got any tips on how I can approach this problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Just think, if a guy actually likes you, he'll likely be intimidated by you ten times more than you are of him. You inherently have the upper hand. :rolleyes:
Guys love talking to girls so your in luck! Ask about what they like to do, they will like to talk about that. Don't worry about being shy or nervous because that really doesn't matter. You sound nice so they will like to talk to you.
Imagine they have a vagina and long hair and you will be fine
Reply 4
Original post by cartoonwars
Next week I will be leaving my current school and in September I will be going to college. For the last 5 years at this school I have only really been surrounded by girls (considering its an all girls school) and so I'm a bit apprehensive.

It's not like I've not spoken to a guy for that long, just not regularly and mostly only during school holidays.

I've avoided all things like relationships when people have asked me out and whatnot because I was kind of scared at first but then it jus became a matter of principle when the workload started to pile up.

The point is, when I go to college I don't want to be in the kind of position where I can't interact without guys because I feel awkward or silly or like I'll do something wrong and embarrass myself.

So has anyone got any tips on how I can approach this problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just be yourself and talk to them just like you would any other person, be it female or male. The first is always the worst, but once you've spoken to some guys it just comes more natural and the awkwardness just disappears. The only suggestion that I would have is not to talk about football and guy stuff because that can be REALLY awkward. Apart from that, just be yourself and have fun
Start with

"Right lad, did you see the match on Saturday?"
Im telling you , in college the power is in all the girls hands . If you hang around girls your considered more powerful etc . If you are decent looking ( boys tend to be shallow unfortunately) you will be approached so many times its unreal , you can have your pick of guys you wish to be friends with , its expected for guys to do all the talking anyway so just try and give good responses .
Reply 7
Original post by Emre944
Just think, if a guy actually likes you, he'll likely be intimidated by you ten times more than you are of him. You inherently have the upper hand. :rolleyes:

Only like 9 time out of 10.
Reply 8
Okay, thank you for all the responses!

Also, do you just generally have any tips on what things would be like going from an all girls school to a place where the gender is mixed? Like would there be a significant difference between the two, and is there anything I should expect or know beforehand?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending