The Student Room Group

Should i leave sixth form for college (a-levels v btec)

Ok so the title kinda of say's it all I’m currently doing AS Product Design, Engineering and Business which in my opinion are lesser a-level's and after a whole year of doing the subjects above I decided that their not for me. In-fact in GCSE I was doing IT and I wanted to follow through with it but I got the opportunity to leave lesser 'respected' more 'unsuccessful' school for a successful one because of the result I achieved but the problem was I had to do the subject above because I had limited options and the schooled didn't offer IT.So fast ward a year I’m on track to achieve BBC or BCC but everyone if think about uni course/application for next year now and I kinda know what I want to do and it's not related to my subjects it Computer Science I know my current school has a respect name therefore I have a good chance of getting into a good uni for something like business or product design or even engineering tbh I wouldn't mind doing business law but that’s plan b if I decide to stay I think everyone around me is spurring to continue and go ahead with plan b. But there is an option for plan a where I can leave sixth form and go to college and do a BTEC in software development - http://www.amersham.ac.uk/course/btec-extended-diploma-in-it-practictioners-yr1-ft/ not fussed about uni's for I do computer science as long as it's decent. HELP ME PLEASE :s-smilie:
Original post by Naher007
Ok so the title kinda of say's it all I’m currently doing AS Product Design, Engineering and Business which in my opinion are lesser a-level's and after a whole year of doing the subjects above I decided that their not for me. In-fact in GCSE I was doing IT and I wanted to follow through with it but I got the opportunity to leave lesser 'respected' more 'unsuccessful' school for a successful one because of the result I achieved but the problem was I had to do the subject above because I had limited options and the schooled didn't offer IT.So fast ward a year I’m on track to achieve BBC or BCC but everyone if think about uni course/application for next year now and I kinda know what I want to do and it's not related to my subjects it Computer Science I know my current school has a respect name therefore I have a good chance of getting into a good uni for something like business or product design or even engineering tbh I wouldn't mind doing business law but that’s plan b if I decide to stay I think everyone around me is spurring to continue and go ahead with plan b. But there is an option for plan a where I can leave sixth form and go to college and do a BTEC in software development - http://www.amersham.ac.uk/course/btec-extended-diploma-in-it-practictioners-yr1-ft/ not fussed about uni's for I do computer science as long as it's decent. HELP ME PLEASE :s-smilie:

Personally, I'd say do the BTEC course in software development as you genuinely seem to want to do it. There's no point in going to university and ploughing through a degree you don't enjoy just because you don't want to give your school a bad name. If they care about you, theyll just wish you good luck and you'll be on your way to college.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending