The Student Room Group

A level or btech?

I didn’t get the grades to get into the sixth form to do a levels but I can do btech business instead. I know this sounds petty but I don’t really want to leaves my friends behind nor the sports team I am in at the moment.
However, I really want to do history at uni. So should I leave and go to a different sixth form to do a levels or stay to do btec?
Reply 1
Original post by shelly_
I didn’t get the grades to get into the sixth form to do a levels but I can do btech business instead. I know this sounds petty but I don’t really want to leaves my friends behind nor the sports team I am in at the moment.
However, I really want to do history at uni. So should I leave and go to a different sixth form to do a levels or stay to do btec?

You can still go into university with a BTEC however it would depend on the university if they accept it or not. Top universities may require A-Level History as a subject and would only accept the BTEC alongside the A-Level. The best thing to do is research some universities now just to get a general idea of what they want and if you need History A-Level as a requirement.

BTECs are not bad, but I haven't heard of many cases where someone with a Business BTEC goes into anything other than a business related degree at uni. A-Levels allow you to keep your options open if you are not 100% sure what you want to do after sixth form/college.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending