The Student Room Group

I'm really demotivated.

I'm doing maths, bio, chem and politics and I really want to drop 3 of my subjects. I've got 9 exams and I want to change my a-levels. I want to keep maths and drop the rest, but should I prioritize and just do maths. Or should I revise them all and risk doing badly in maths? Also I want to do economics, history and physics in addition to maths. So, could someone please advise me?
Reply 1
Cho' yo ass up
Original post by Dahir123
I'm doing maths, bio, chem and politics and I really want to drop 3 of my subjects. I've got 9 exams and I want to change my a-levels. I want to keep maths and drop the rest, but should I prioritize and just do maths. Or should I revise them all and risk doing badly in maths? Also I want to do economics, history and physics in addition to maths. So, could someone please advise me?

I doubt your school will let your drop 3 Alevels....you've been doing then for a long time now so your just going to have to stick with them I'm afraid and its best to revise for all of them as 1 Alevel isn't going to get your very far now is it...the best advice I can give you is to discuss this with your school but be prepared to have to stick with all or most of your subjects ! :smile: sorry you made the wrong choices I hope this doesn't happen to me !
Reply 3

Either way, it's a risky bet.

In all honesty, I'd recommend that you drop those 3, continue with maths and possibly spend an extra year to accommodate the three subjects that you do want to do, because it's clear to me that you don't want to do Bio, Chem or Politics.
Reply 4
Original post by ss_s95
Either way, it's a risky bet.

In all honesty, I'd recommend that you drop those 3, continue with maths and possibly spend an extra year to accommodate the three subjects that you do want to do, because it's clear to me that you don't want to do Bio, Chem or Politics.

I've got an interview for a new college on wednesday and I'll explain my situation in that I want to do A2 maths and as's in history, economics and physics. I've made a massive mistake in choosing my subjects, and I know it's late on, but I'd rather be doing something I love at uni rather than something I don't.
Reply 5
I've got an interview for a new college on wednesday and I'll explain my situation in that I want to do A2 maths and as's in history, economics and physics. I've made a massive mistake in choosing my subjects, and I know it's late on, but I'd rather be doing something I love at uni rather than something I don't.

Exactly. You said it yourself. Your chances of flopping are usually higher if you don't enjoy subjects you do, so I say you drop the three, continue with maths and do the 3 you do want to do. That's the best way IMO, even if it means taking out an extra year.

On the bright side, you aren't the only one. And at uni, you'll be with people the same age, who took out gap years :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by ss_s95
Exactly. You said it yourself. Your chances of flopping are usually higher if you don't enjoy subjects you do, so I say you drop the three, continue with maths and do the 3 you do want to do. That's the best way IMO, even if it means taking out an extra year.

On the bright side, you aren't the only one. And at uni, you'll be with people the same age, who took out gap years :smile:

You do have a fair point thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending