The Student Room Group

sports science

was just wondering if anyone on here has done a sports science course and if so i would like to ask if the course has alot to do with biology.

Im not very good at biology at alevel but im interested in applying for sports science in john moores.

However i do excel in areas of alevel biology concerning muscles and oxygen delivery.

My problem is that i lack interest in the biology of plants and biochemistry which makes my grade fall to Ds and Es
Reply 1
I don't do this course but have applied for it and don't study biology so this may mean that there is not a lot of biology involves only the parts which you cover in sport a level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thanks man :smile: sorta lookin the view of someone doing the course already tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Just finished my degree today in applied sports science at Loughborough, don't worry about plants and all that *******s, I'm sure you'll be fine! FYI Im a mature student and I've just got a 2:1 without any alevels, hope this helps mac

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Congrats man! :biggrin: is there not a huge biology content in the degree then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
By the way did u go through the btec route to get in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Not what you're probably thinking of, from what you've said about oxygen delivery I think you'll be fine. No all I had was gcse's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
You got into uni with just gcses? :redface:
Reply 8
Yeah was a mature student, started when I was 22. Well I did an open university module prior

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending