The Student Room Group

Need help with student finance figures!!

I've done my student finance and this is what it shows me to get;

Maintenance Loan - £6549
HE Maintenance Grant - £2253
Bursary from the university - £750

I'm not sure what this means, for example will I be needing more for living costs etc.
Original post by IAmTupac
I've done my student finance and this is what it shows me to get;

Maintenance Loan - £6549
HE Maintenance Grant - £2253
Bursary from the university - £750

I'm not sure what this means, for example will I be needing more for living costs etc.

It means that you're getting that amount of money for the year.
Check your university accommodation prices etc to see how you'll be for money.
Reply 2
Original post by Knalchemist
It means that you're getting that amount of money for the year.
Check your university accommodation prices etc to see how you'll be for money.

I know that i'm getting that amount of money, what i'm asking is it a good amount? Compared to the average amount that students get.
I know that i'm getting that amount of money, what i'm asking is it a good amount? Compared to the average amount that students get.

As long as it covers your living costs, what does it matter whether it's a 'good' amount or not?
Reply 4
Original post by Knalchemist
As long as it covers your living costs, what does it matter whether it's a 'good' amount or not?

Money leftover to spend etc?
Money leftover to spend etc?

Check your accommodation costs to see how much money you'll have left over after paying that. We can't tell you as we don't know which university you're going to, or which halls you're staying in etc, as all universities have different accommodation prices. It can vary from £80pw up to £180pw depending on where in the country you're studying.
Reply 6
I'm not sure whether your trying to brag or.. a lot of student live on A LOT less. You getting more doesn't give you room to be a douche which I'm guessing was your intent? However if it wasn't; tbh your clearly too immature to be going to University anyway with an attitude like that.

And by "money left over to spend"; if you mean to blow on your own personal shopping spree then you don't deserve the money to begin with, there are a lot of students that couldn't get additional funding and work hard to get by, these are the people that deserve the additional support, those that are genuine people with good intentions.

Count yourself lucky.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Welshbo
I'm not sure whether your trying to brag or.. a lot of student live on A LOT less. You getting more doesn't give you room to be a douche which I'm guessing was your intent? However if it wasn't; tbh your clearly too immature to be going to University anyway with an attitude like that.

And by "money left over to spend"; if you mean to blow on your own personal shopping spree then you don't deserve the money to begin with, there are a lot of students that couldn't get additional funding and work hard to get by, these are the people that deserve the additional support, those that are genuine people with good intentions.

Count yourself lucky.

don't feed the troll!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending