The Student Room Group

Is pokemon babyish??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
never!
Reply 21
Original post by Kallisto
I bought all editions till the second generation. The first two generations were good, but then I was getting older and my interest in Pokemon decreased. Moreover the following generations couldn't convinced me, although there are some Pokemons in every generations at least which I like. Nevertheless I have not give my former passion up completely and try to be up to date. In fact there is still the kid in me who is still fascinate in Pokemon. The charm get not lost.

Yeah, I think that's a very common opinion, that it went downhill after the first couple of generations. I'd have to say I disagree though as the general gameplay (maybe not the designs of the Pokemon) has improved dramatically.

Either way, I think the resounding answer from looking at this thread is no. It's probably the one thing that I'll always take away from my childhood and it's going to be a long time before I stop playing them :lol:
I have a gameboy emulator on my laptop with all of the Pokemon games, still love it.
Original post by Scott129
x

Sometimes I have thought about my pokemon games and I asked myself seriously whether I should play them again. I played one of the editions last time before I was full-aged...
(edited 10 years ago)
Tbh if you didn't play pokemon, you didn't have a childhood, I play it occasionaly on holiday and its addictive but time consuimg.
Reply 25
No there's actually a lot of strategy behind it that people don't know about like EV values and nature breeding, it can actually get quite complex even for me.
Original post by Albino
No there's actually a lot of strategy behind it that people don't know about like EV values and nature breeding, it can actually get quite complex even for me.

Yeah I EV/IV train & breed for the nature I want. I've started to do competitive battling & it really helps. Also helps get more fun out of the games & makes the games more challenging.
Reply 27
There's nothing better than when you've got the 6 Pokemon you wanted with good natures and great EVs. So satisfying.
Reply 28
Nah. I'm ****ing gagging for X and Y, and I'm 20. On a side note, Animal Crossing's right around the corner. I pre-ordered 2 months in advance.:colondollar:
Reply 29
Original post by katiemcollins_x
Yeah I EV/IV train & breed for the nature I want. I've started to do competitive battling & it really helps. Also helps get more fun out of the games & makes the games more challenging.

Yeah the main story line is normally quite easy and sometimes just boring when you have to grind. After that though when you get into competitive battles online it's great, however tedious and annoying it is to nature/IV breed an eevee. :angry::angry:
Nope. I still play Pokemon alot. I watch the programs on tv too. Not childish
I love pokemon, im 16, I play occasionally fire red, emerald and diamond but I believe this new generation of pokemon black and white ruiend it in my opioion :/
Reply 32
it is considered babyish, but everyone loves it secretly
Reply 33
Of course not! I even went as Ash Ketchum for a fancy-dress my school had, it was brilliant. Downloaded a GBA emulator a few weeks ago and have been playing Leaf-Green - catching all the legendaries never ceases to feel awesome :u:
Reply 34
I will likely buy myself a DSXL or whatever it's called just for X or Y. I think my friends at work would call it relatively childish, but hey. I appear to be older than most people in this thread. Woop.
Original post by SubZero~
Nope. I still play Pokemon alot. I watch the programs on tv too. Not childish

And what makes the TV series so interesting for you? when I was getting older the TV series bored me, as it was the same storyline in every single episode and season. But that is just my point of view. What about you?
Original post by Albino
Yeah the main story line is normally quite easy and sometimes just boring when you have to grind. After that though when you get into competitive battles online it's great, however tedious and annoying it is to nature/IV breed an eevee. :angry::angry:

Don't remind me I had to hatch 11 Eevee eggs to get the nature I wanted! Got so annoyed I almost threw DS across the room =/

I'm a newbie at CB! How long have you been doing it? x
Reply 37
Original post by katiemcollins_x
Don't remind me I had to hatch 11 Eevee eggs to get the nature I wanted! Got so annoyed I almost threw DS across the room =/

I'm a newbie at CB! How long have you been doing it? x

Quite a while now but I stopped at Black and White, I was trying to IV/Nature breed an eevee but I think I just lost motivation after filling a few boxes full of pc's. I was really excited about the team I had made though. You gonna get X/Y ?
Reply 38
One does not simply grow out of Pokemon.
No I still love it. I think a lot of people look back at it through the rose tinted specs of nostalgia. Sure Pokemon may not looks as good or original but after so many that's bound to happen. Pokemon way back then was imbalanced. I don't mind people who prefer the older generation but the ones who are like "new gen sucks pokemon yellow and such will always be the original" whatnot is ridiculous...

Quick Reply

Latest