The Student Room Group

China rep election

Check out the manifestos below.

There will now be 2 days of Q&A, followed by a 5 day vote.

Qwertish

As the representative for Australia, a country which I knew nothing about before taking on this role, I have played an active part in the MUN over the past six months. I researched my country, and managed to secure it's place as a non-permanent member of the Security Council. I have published the only position paper so far this year as the representative for the IAEA, and have written the only resolution this year; which was passed. Additionally, I have one more resolution which has been sent to Birchington.

If I am elected as the representative for China, I will strive to ensure that I research my role thoroughly; finding out about Chinese military and politics so that I can play my part in the MUN well. During my time as Australia, I have shown that I can successfully play a country which is a part of the Security Council, and I have played an active part in both Hypes so far this year.

Ry.As a Member of the Model United Nations over the Last three Months I have gathered a great amount and knowledge and experience to all me to apply for this position. Over my three months of being in the Model United Nations I have been given several opportunities, such as the following;

[list]
[*]Model United Nations Health and Well-Being Officer
[*]Model United Social Media Manager

It has been a honour to represent these roles, but I believe its time to move on to bigger and better things, I believe I have gained understanding and knowledge of the Country's and Political Affairs and Situations that have occurred to provide a great strong Security Council Member

In the long term impact I am positive I can help support and development many personal in the Model United Nations. I understand the Responsibility required of me, and I am dedicated to give that 150% required of me.

I hope this Manifesto has given you a insight into why I should be elected, If you have any questions do feel free to send me a Private Message. Thank you for listening.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
2 more days to go if you're interested.
Reply 2
off tp[oic but when are the elections for russia or does kiss permanently hold it?
Reply 3
Any updates one this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Ry.
Any updates one this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure, probably Birchington's call...

Birchington
QFA

Any news with this? Need any help? :wink:
Reply 5
Manifestos are now up. Q&A is open for 2 days, ask away!
Reply 6
Good luck.

This is not going to come as a surprise, many people know that I have been banging on about this for ages. What are your views on SC reform?
What do both candidates think the best way of addressing the lack of activity is?
Reply 8
Original post by Morgsie
Good luck.

This is not going to come as a surprise, many people know that I have been banging on about this for ages. What are your views on SC reform?

I want to introduce fixed terms for SC reps. Basically, every six months, all SC seats are put up for election. If a new rep defeats the old rep in the election, they swap seats.
Reply 9
Original post by St. Brynjar
What do both candidates think the best way of addressing the lack of activity is?

I think the main thing we need to do it to have more resolutions, rather than just replying to news stories.

If you have a look at the MHoC, it's so active purely because of the number of Bill we pump out. If we write more resolutions, it would be far more interesting, because we'd actually be shaping out own little TSR world, rather than just commenting on stuff.

I think another things that's extremely important is interoperation with the MHoC. We currently have a government in there that's really keen to involve the MUN in the international aspects, and I know the FS got some MUN stuff coming up. If we could make it so that the MHoC was a part of MUN land, and we start writing resolutions so that MUN land is different from real life, everything would be a lot more interesting.
Reply 10
Original post by Morgsie
Good luck.

Also, transparency is important. Tying in with my above comment on how we need more resolutions, if SC resolutions which have been passed are posted in the GA for discussion, it'll allow other nations to comment and react to them.
Good luck to you both.

Original post by Qwertish
I want to introduce fixed terms for SC reps. Basically, every six months, all SC seats are put up for election. If a new rep defeats the old rep in the election, they swap seats.

That is a good idea, I like the idea of having terms and people being able to run for elections. Plus if someone is looking to step down it gives them a set date to announce it which would hopefully give people more time to consider running it. Previously I was against such things because of the lack of activity but I think it could be pulled off.
Original post by Qwertish
I think the main thing we need to do it to have more resolutions, rather than just replying to news stories.

If you have a look at the MHoC, it's so active purely because of the number of Bill we pump out. If we write more resolutions, it would be far more interesting, because we'd actually be shaping out own little TSR world, rather than just commenting on stuff.

I think another things that's extremely important is interoperation with the MHoC. We currently have a government in there that's really keen to involve the MUN in the international aspects, and I know the FS got some MUN stuff coming up. If we could make it so that the MHoC was a part of MUN land, and we start writing resolutions so that MUN land is different from real life, everything would be a lot more interesting.

Hang on, the MHoC government is actually doing things? :wink:

I like what you've said on this and the SC. Gets a little tedious just looking at the news articles and saying 'I disagree'.
Reply 13

Sorry for the late reply, Been extremely busy. Correcting inactivity is like encourage a baby to walk. Inactivity is a problem in which people face in everyday life, in business and other area's.

In my own opinion, Inactivity can be sorted by addressing the issue face-on. You can be either dedicated or not dedicated. If you want to go inactive that's your choice, by it shows your lack of dedication, its a little different if its for personal reasons or exams, but if you just don't want to bother any more than you might as-well just leave. To tackle Inactivity I would do the following;

Going Away Threads

Regular Roundups

Regular Meetings

User Activity Checks (Last time they logged in)

Rollcalls

Create more activities

More responsibility

More achievements to be won / awared

Its not something I will let them get a way with doing, I can ensure that for a fact. We are suppose to be Developing and Changing, and being 110% better than what we are now. Inactivity just drops that percentage. So If elected It will be dealt with in the appropriate way forward

As I can ensure you its something I will not stand for.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Morgsie
Good luck.

My reformation plan is not set directly on the Security Council, This may seem mad but to me it sounds beneficial. The security council will have more non-permanent and permanent seats for larger opportunity scales, there will also be regular changes to the Security Council permanent members, in the way that they can be elected out if the MUN decided they are lacking leadership skills in which a new election would be set out to find that.

There will be large changes made to the current structure of the security council if elected.

I hope to bring in a few more groups and roles for people who wish to show leadership qualities, I believe everybody should have there chance to show what they are made of, by bring in new groups and roles, this gives them this chance.
Great responses from both candidates, thanks!
Reply 16

They don't have any representation here due to Moleman being removed for inactivity despite their claims they would improve relations. I wish people would pick up on this point and use it

Agree with your posts hence the rep and it will be a tough decision to make
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Ry.
My reformation plan is not set directly on the Security Council, This may seem mad but to me it sounds beneficial. The security council will have more non-permanent and permanent seats for larger opportunity scales, there will also be regular changes to the Security Council permanent members, in the way that they can be elected out if the MUN decided they are lacking leadership skills in which a new election would be set out to find that.

There will be large changes made to the current structure of the security council if elected.

I hope to bring in a few more groups and roles for people who wish to show leadership qualities, I believe everybody should have there chance to show what they are made of, by bring in new groups and roles, this gives them this chance.

Thanks, I made a proposal based on the RL SC a while ago which was shot down
Reply 18

I like what you've said on this and the SC. Gets a little tedious just looking at the news articles and saying 'I disagree'.

:P they seem to be doing better for activity than us :wink:
Reply 19
Great responses from both candidates, thanks!

Pleasure I could be of assistance, If you have anymore questions. please do not hesitate to ask!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending