The Student Room Group

Worried about my student finance

I'm really worried about my student finance application, when i was going through it with my dad it was nice and easy finished in 30 mins and sent it off. But a few days later i was talking to some friends about it they were talking about how much their parents earn and how much extra money they could get to help them pay for living costs.

But when i went through it with my dad i never was given the option to input how much my parents earn. At the moment we are working class so having a maintenance loan wont be enough for me to pay for everything.
I have already sent the application off, could someone help me i don't know how to fix it!
Original post by Farid Jalil
I'm really worried about my student finance application, when i was going through it with my dad it was nice and easy finished in 30 mins and sent it off. But a few days later i was talking to some friends about it they were talking about how much their parents earn and how much extra money they could get to help them pay for living costs.

But when i went through it with my dad i never was given the option to input how much my parents earn. At the moment we are working class so having a maintenance loan wont be enough for me to pay for everything.
I have already sent the application off, could someone help me i don't know how to fix it!

You fill in the application yourself, making sure that you tick the 'I want to be income assessed' button. Then your parents have to make an account and click on 'support an application'. That is where they fill in their financial information.
Reply 2
Original post by Knalchemist
You fill in the application yourself, making sure that you tick the 'I want to be income assessed' button. Then your parents have to make an account and click on 'support an application'. That is where they fill in their financial information.

Ok thanks but i have already sent it off am i still able to edit what i have done? and what section is it underneath there are a few sections.
Ok thanks but i have already sent it off am i still able to edit what i have done? and what section is it underneath there are a few sections.

It is just a tick box that asks if you want to be income assessed or not.

You need to call student finance and ask them whether you ticked this or not - or you can go through your application and have a look yourself.

If you ticked it then your parents need to sign up to student finance and make an account to support your application, which is where they fill in their financial information.

If you didn't tick it, then you need to fill out a change of circumstances form and send it off to student finance ASAP.
Reply 4
It is just a tick box that asks if you want to be income assessed or not.

You need to call student finance and ask them whether you ticked this or not - or you can go through your application and have a look yourself.

If you ticked it then your parents need to sign up to student finance and make an account to support your application, which is where they fill in their financial information.

If you didn't tick it, then you need to fill out a change of circumstances form and send it off to student finance ASAP.

Ok but what section is it under? About you, Your Course, Your loan, Evidence

Also how do i send a change of circumstances form? or can i call them?
Ok but what section is it under? About you, Your Course, Your loan, Evidence

Also how do i send a change of circumstances form? or can i call them?

Common sense tells me it'd be under the 'Your Loan' part....

As it's a change of circumstances FORM it needs to be printed and sent via post.
Reply 6
Common sense tells me it'd be under the 'Your Loan' part....

As it's a change of circumstances FORM it needs to be printed and sent via post.

Sorry for being so derpy just so stressed from exam revision and student finance my brain has gone to mush :frown: but thank you very much for your help!

I found out about the support a student thing but it wont work for me this is what comes up

"The person(s) listed below have advised that you will be providing financial information in support of their student finance application. Please check that this information is correct and follow the advice shown for 'Your next steps'

[h="3"]Your supported students[/h]You are not linked to any student for academic year 2012/13."
Reply 7
Wait dont worry i understand now i need to make a new account for my parents then i link my account to theirs thanks for the help!
Wait dont worry i understand now i need to make a new account for my parents then i link my account to theirs thanks for the help!

Yeah, you link the accounts then your parents provide their financial information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending