The Student Room Group

Architecture Part 2

Hello,

Im planning to do my Dip Arch (RIBA Part 2) @ Glasgow School of Art this September and ive just finished off my student loans form.

I have a degree (Bsc.Architecture (Hons)) from Bath (July 2012) but I have confirmation, from RIBA and SFE, that even if I swap universities both the Part I & Part II degrees allow me to get full student finance. i.e i get all tuition and maintenance loan/grant even if the Part II is classed as a post grad/master etc. I also have confirmation that I did not have to tell SFE of my intent to do a part II at any point and that I could just apply for a second loan (as long as its within 3 years of my first degree)

Unfortunately upon completion my form says im entitled to £0. This will change to the normal amount of loan / fees if i untick the box saying if i have a previous Honours degree or not or if the degree i hold is a lesser qualification to the one i am applying for.

Has anyone else had this problem or applied for a part 2 loan that could help me?

Any help much appreciated
Cheers

Ben
The RIBA rules have to be applied manually by the assessors after you submit your application, you should still submit it as is and if it's not been changed when you get your Notification of Entitlement letter, give Student Finance England a call.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending