The Student Room Group

HELP! PwC higher apprenticeship dilemma

Hello Guys
I dont suppose you can help me out here - have a massive dilemma!
Basically, I have offers to study economics at birmingham/york/manchester but I am also exploring the possibility of a school leavers programme with PWC.
They say they'll offer me a salary (around 18k) and help me study towards CFAB and ACA.
I really don't know which route to take as PwC state that school leaver generally proceed faster than a graduate joining them.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
The school leaver route does generally offer faster progression, (I met a senior manager who is in his mid-20s.), but you have to consider if it's the right choice for you. Are you 100% set on that career? Once you sign up and find you don't like it, your options are quite limited. Without a degree you may find that if you ever decide to leave PwC, it might be tough to move elsewhere.
Reply 2
Just out of curiosity, which location and which position did you apply for?
I'm going to apply their but not sure whether to do Assurance or Human Resourcing. (Manchester)
When i went to one of the open evenings they held in their offices, one of the current 1st year apprentice said he was on £15k
Reply 3
Basically, I have offers to study economics at birmingham/york/manchester but I am also exploring the possibility of a school leavers programme with PWC. Because I am set for a career in finance this is probably the route ill take even after graduating, so I was thinking to cut them 3years of uni and study for CFAB and ACA which will be done in 4 years. If i went to Uni id have to spend 3years ontop for ACA (6years in total)

I really don't know which route to take as PwC state that school leaver generally proceed faster than a graduate joining them.
Also, do jobs look at degree qualifications in the future? (i.e if I got a 2:1 etc) - you dont happen to know what level of qualification an ACA is (is it equivalent to say a 2:1 degree qualification?)
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
For finance an apprenticeship is generally the best route forward (if you can get it) :smile: You won't be £27000 + in debt, in fact you'll of earnt more money than your friends who go to university and you'll already have a job. The only problem with it would be if you really want to have the student life but for me personally a job and career is more important that 3 months holidays and drinking a lot :')

Hope this helps!
Reply 5
Does anyone knoe if pwc drug test? Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alex7892

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unless things have changed, no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by alex7892