The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Crime in Leeds???

I'm quite interested in applying to Leeds in September. But how are the crime levels there? Obviously a bit higher than average due to it being a city.

I don't really want to live in a place where I feel unsafe.

Cheers
Hi there,

I have lived in Leeds for around 2 years now and I have not seen anything bad, I have had a couple of friend I work with who have been broken into but that's all and in a city as populated as Leeds I don't think that is to bad. It is mainly down to where you live, if you live in the nice city center apartments like I did originally you will be fine, but once you get into the outskirts it tends to get a bit more insecure.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by PlantVZombie
Hi there,

I have lived in Leeds for around 2 years now and I have not seen anything bad, I have had a couple of friend I work with who have been broken into but that's all and in a city as populated as Leeds I don't think that is to bad. It is mainly down to where you live, if you live in the nice city center apartments like I did originally you will be fine, but once you get into the outskirts it tends to get a bit more insecure.

I suppose it's the same with any city university then really and every city has its bad parts.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by danny9253
I'm quite interested in applying to Leeds in September. But how are the crime levels there? Obviously a bit higher than average due to it being a city.

I don't really want to live in a place where I feel unsafe.

Cheers

I have lived in Leeds for 4 years now and I have never felt unsafe!
3 years here, and as long as you keep your wits about you and don't do stupid things (like walking through and unlit park at night and leaving doors open) you should be fine. I've had a few errr moments, but they're rare. The union also offers transport services to get you back safely.
Reply 5
Yorkshire ripper....is history.

Quick Reply

Latest