The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

guyz ...i gotta feeling that networks will cum up this tym...as it did not appear in jan...as well as key terms lyk baud rate...bit rate ..etc.
Reply 21
yer i gotta have a positive attitude man. Am going 2 start more revision and that.
Reply 22
f.amir
guyz ...i gotta feeling that networks will cum up this tym...as it did not appear in jan...as well as key terms lyk baud rate...bit rate ..etc.

Maybe on CPT1, but I hope they don't come up on CPT2... :p:
jazznaz
Maybe on CPT1, but I hope they don't come up on CPT2... :p:

Network topologies, and the internet in general is not covered in the CPT2 specification, only CPT1. Although, i am pretty sure that something of the sort will appear on the CPT1 paper, especially since it is pretty relevant to todays society being internet obsessed. A chance to embarass all those candidates who call themselve internet savvy but can't distinguish between FTP and HTTP. *tut*
Reply 24
jazznaz
There was another question (the last one I think) that asked you to write some programming code to do something or other (I can't remember exactly what they asked) in a programming language that you were familiar with.

And our teacher had told us how extremely unlikely that was, because all questions in the past had only ever required knowledge of psudeocode.

Yeh it was the last one :biggrin: - it really helped if you had programmed your A2 coursework (like me in VB) and then sat the retake afterwards.

It was a very tough exam if you were weak on programming aspects.
Well if you had tried hard on the CPT3 module, which is essentially programming based, and we coded ours entirely in Visual Basic then it shouldn't be that much of a disadvantage.
Go to http://www.ICteach.org.uk a site setup by my Computing teacher. It has past papers and lesson plans etc. It is an excellent resource which goes hand in hand with the P. Heathcote book. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending