The Student Room Group

EDL Burning Muslims

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Al-Mudaari
Islamic schools prepare individuals for everything normal schools do + the religious education which is necassary for Muslim (and even Non-Muslims given how many turn out to Islamophobes).

but thery are not as good for either. if you had to best educate yourself properly would you go to oxford university or al shabam uni of islam (or whatever) the curriculum is designed to give students best education, so having an Islamic school is giving an inferior one, simply on the parent wishes for a more religious school
Well done EDL, you are the definition of irony.
You want peace, yet your practically creating war. You have been nothing but TROUBLE, people have been abused, stabbed, killed and imprisoned since.

This EDL is getting on my nerves. If you're going to create a "peaceful protest" and want to get rid of extremists, then just refer to extremists in general. Why do they have to target a specific faith- ISLAMIC extremists?

By doing that, they've introduced what some people think is a good enough reason so start being racist, prejudice, and violent towards Muslims. (Yes, racist because I have seen abuse online that refers to skin colour).

This is not a reason to start hating and targeting ALL Muslims- it sickens me. If you create a divide, then your asking for trouble. Hence why people are turning violent, and nasty.

Peaceful protest? Peaceful my :bootyshake:
Original post by moalem.abassi
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jun/09/islamic-boarding-school-fire-bromley-suspicious

This is the second attack on a building associated with Muslims in the past few weeks.

Both arson attacks were on buildings with "EDL" graffiti found on the walls.
(Hmm.. suspicious)

News papers keep mentioning suspicion that they are "reprisal attacks following the Woolwich murder."

If they are 'reprisal attacks', then the only thing I can say about what I think about the whole situation is this.

Still not seen any proof that it was EDL members who carried out these arson attacks. Have you? You'd better tell the police.
Original post by SannaS
The racism has always been there now EDL just have an excuse to affect Muslims through generalising the action on ONE MAN.

Did that one man singlehandedly wage a global jihad, managing to be in several different countries and continents at once? :rolleyes:
Original post by Ilovechocolate09
Well done EDL, you are the definition of irony.
You want peace, yet your practically creating war. You have been nothing but TROUBLE, people have been abused, stabbed, killed and imprisoned since.

This EDL is getting on my nerves. If you're going to create a "peaceful protest" and want to get rid of extremists, then just refer to extremists in general. Why do they have to target a specific faith- ISLAMIC extremists?

By doing that, they've introduced what some people think is a good enough reason so start being racist, prejudice, and violent towards Muslims. (Yes, racist because I have seen abuse online that refers to skin colour).

This is not a reason to start hating and targeting ALL Muslims- it sickens me. If you create a divide, then your asking for trouble. Hence why people are turning violent, and nasty.

Peaceful protest? Peaceful my :bootyshake:

Perhaps Muslims should start actively targeting the Islamists instead of getting community leaders to pay lip service to being moderate. Actions speak louder than words after all, and until we see a proactive stance from the Muslim community to deal with the extremists in their midst, then the distrust, whether right or wrong, of all Muslims will continue.
Original post by Ray Barone
Perhaps Muslims should start actively targeting the Islamists instead of getting community leaders to pay lip service to being moderate. Actions speak louder than words after all, and until we see a proactive stance from the Muslim community to deal with the extremists in their midst, then the distrust, whether right or wrong, of all Muslims will continue.

Except when people are known to be terrorists, they are generally banned from the mosques(and reported) and do you not remember the whole US fiasco? In the US especially, there is a massive distrust of the authorities (rightfully) for trying to radicalise people....

Otherwise, they are very secretive people. They don't exactly tell people in public what they want to do...

Here's an interesting thing I've noticed about you. You are quick to criticise Muslims for not condemning behaviour by fellow Muslims (when they do) and yet you don't criticise the behavior of EDL members?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by slade p
the politicians send them but your not smart enough to realise even that and if you dont like it leave the u.k. what does it say about you that you want to remain in such a country. go to a muslim country, you'll feel much better im sure.

your just another hypcritical muslim who wants to criticise non muslims and take none in return. thats why no one sympathises with you,even when you bring up legitimate issues since most of you are self serving hypocrits.

Should I leave as well? For criticising the UK? And way to generalise right there...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending