The Student Room Group

is it worth applying to three dofferent types of course in one personal statement?

Hi, I'm a student who is currently in the process of writing their personal statement and doesn't know what course to apply for. I study maths, further maths, physics, and economics at AS level. I'm considering applying for physics, computer science, and maths degrees with my personal statement, is this a bad idea? I adore physics but none of the job prospects after the degree interest me, computer science seems like it would really bring out the best in me (does it matter that I haven't done computing as a AS level?), maths has always been my passion just the statistics module this year killed my dreams to do it at university. Please help
You will come over as uncommitted to any of those subjects and be unlikely to get offers. Spend time doing some research first and make your mind up what you really want, then make a properly focused application.
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose
You will come over as uncommitted to any of those subjects and be unlikely to get offers. Spend time doing some research first and make your mind up what you really want, then make a properly focused application.

I'm aware of that I come across as uncommitted. I've done hours upon hours of research and know each course inside out and I feel like the physics course is the one for me. But I don't feel like the jobs prospects after the course will suit me.
Original post by dom979
I'm aware of that I come across as uncommitted. I've done hours upon hours of research and know each course inside out and I feel like the physics course is the one for me. But I don't feel like the jobs prospects after the course will suit me.

That's a different issue. Only you can know the answer really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending