The Student Room Group

Capgemini Higher Apprenticeship, anyone joining this year?

Scroll to see replies

@Matthew Hoy and @zubairfazal

i think i'm gonna be there as well, can't wait for it....

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by markphughes17
Had my phone interview yesterday and passed, so now I'm waiting to do the aptitude test, then hopefully onto the assessment centre. :smile:

What questions do they ask on the telephone interview? I am waiting to hear back from them for a time, would like to prepare a lot before it
Have you taken the aptitude test yet? What is it like?
I have just passed the phone interview, been invited to the aptitude test now :smile: Has anyone else?
Original post by jayeshsondhi
I have just passed the phone interview, been invited to the aptitude test now :smile: Has anyone else?

What questions do they ask on the phone interview?
Original post by dannyjames10
What questions do they ask on the phone interview?

They started off by asking me mainly questions about how I work in a team and deal with pressure and react when I make mistakes and things like that. Then they finished off with a few questions about why I want to work in IT and for Capgemini in particular, and what I know about the company.

Good luck, hope it goes well for you :smile:
They started off by asking me mainly questions about how I work in a team and deal with pressure and react when I make mistakes and things like that. Then they finished off with a few questions about why I want to work in IT and for Capgemini in particular, and what I know about the company.

Good luck, hope it goes well for you :smile:

Thanks for the help Mark I appreciate it.
Reply 187
Those that start ALE in a few days keep us updated about how it is!
Hi,

Good luck!

Have you started practicing yet for the interview or aptitude test yet?

Amit
Original post by Amit RMA
Hi,

Good luck!

Have you started practicing yet for the interview or aptitude test yet?

Amit

Hi Amit, what would be the best way of practicing for the telephone interview?

I'm a bit worried that I won't have as much knowledge in this field yet as I haven't completed my course yet in college

I'm a bit worried that I won't have as much knowledge in this field yet as I haven't completed my course yet in college

You don't need knowledge of the field. Just need to show you have a desire for IT. Discuss teamworking, about the company and why an apprenticeship.

I found a website that helped me, but I've forgotten what it was, but with the interview, think about examples of times where you've demonstrated qualities they look for such as teamwork, where you've made a mistake and how you responded to it and what lessons you learnt from it, and things like that. Also when I had mine they asked me what I knew about the company so if you can memorise a few things from their website, briefly what Capgemini does, and some of their clients, then you shouldn't go far wrong.

Found it
https://capgeminiinterviewquestions231.wordpress.com/2013/02/02/capgemini-competency-based-interview-questions/
I had an answer prepared for each of these questions, if they ask anything different it will be something along these lines so you can tweak what you've prepared to suit the question.
Found it
https://capgeminiinterviewquestions231.wordpress.com/2013/02/02/capgemini-competency-based-interview-questions/
I had an answer prepared for each of these questions, if they ask anything different it will be something along these lines so you can tweak what you've prepared to suit the question.

Did you pass your phone interview?
Did you pass your phone interview?

Yeah, had an email a couple of hours afterwards.
I've done the aptitude test and passed that so I'm just waiting on a date for the assessment centre now. :smile:

I was really nervous about it because I've always struggled with interviews and talking about myself, but it went really well and the interviewer helped make me feel really relaxed.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah, had an email a couple of hours afterwards.
I've done the aptitude test and passed that so I'm just waiting on a date for the assessment centre now. :smile:

I was really nervous about it because I've always struggled with interviews and talking about myself, but it went really well and the interviewer helped make me feel really relaxed.

Congrats that's great! I have my aptitude test on Tuesday. Is it hard? Any tips. Also if you get the offer when do you plan to start?
Hi Danny,

Great question and like the others have said on this post prepare more for the questions they would ask about your competencies such as leadership, teamwork etc. One tip I can give you is that make sure you smile when you answer the call it makes a difference for the interviewer.

If you need some more advice have a look at the blog on www.RateMyApprenticeship.co.uk

We have advice and revjews from people who have gone through the process which may prove useful for you.

Any other questions feel free to ask :smile:

Amit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats that's great! I have my aptitude test on Tuesday. Is it hard? Any tips. Also if you get the offer when do you plan to start?

Without wanting to sound cocky I found it fairly easy but some people there thought it was quite hard. There are 20 questions, all about your ability to process information and think logically, so verbal, numerical and non verbal reasoning questions. If you can take inferences from a statement, do simple maths questions and see patterns you'll be fine. They send a link to a website where there are practice questions, http://www.shldirect.com/en/practice-tests, they are much harder than the actual test so if you struggle with them don't worry because the real thing won't be as tough.
I'm hoping to start in September because I'm serving notice in my current job. What about you?
Without wanting to sound cocky I found it fairly easy but some people there thought it was quite hard. There are 20 questions, all about your ability to process information and think logically, so verbal, numerical and non verbal reasoning questions. If you can take inferences from a statement, do simple maths questions and see patterns you'll be fine. They send a link to a website where there are practice questions, http://www.shldirect.com/en/practice-tests, they are much harder than the actual test so if you struggle with them don't worry because the real thing won't be as tough.
I'm hoping to start in September because I'm serving notice in my current job. What about you?

Thanks for that help :smile: I too am planning to start in September if I am successful!
Anyone got an assessment centre coming up in Manchester?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending