The Student Room Group

Capgemini Higher Apprenticeship, anyone joining this year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zubairfazal
Throughout the day you will take part in both sessions, in my intake we first did a group interview then after we were split up to-do our 1 on 1 interviews.

I assume it is still the same unless they changed it

Throughout the day you will take part in both sessions, in my intake we first did a group interview then after we were split up to-do our 1 on 1 interviews.

I assume it is still the same unless they changed it

Yeah first they briefly talk about the company amd the ALE, give you the task to do as a group, then when that's done, the one to one interviews are done. I think I was there a total of 3 hours.
Hi all, just preparing for the AC tomorrow in Woking, what did everyone use as "references to cover the last 3 years - work and/or academic", I've been at sixth form for the past 2 years so can't think of anything I could use as proof? Maybe a school report?
Original post by tommo97
Hi all, just preparing for the AC tomorrow in Woking, what did everyone use as "references to cover the last 3 years - work and/or academic", I've been at sixth form for the past 2 years so can't think of anything I could use as proof? Maybe a school report?

I'm pretty sure references are people that Capgemini will contact if you are successful. I chose my head of 6th form and another teacher as well as the place i used to do part time work at.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Async
There's a certain type of people they're looking for at companies like Capgemini. The fact that you are all A* students means nothing, if you don't meet their criteria, you won't get hired.. Also, you said "To put this into perspective, we were all straight A/A* students. One of us had even written a fairly successful app."... Which suggests to me that you already think highly off yourself. They want someone who is teachable and humble, not a student who has all A*s that thinks he knows it all (I'm not saying that's what you are but it's an example). Nobody likes someone who thinks they know it all. I know someone who works in Capgemini who isn't a straight A* student, but he was an amazing person. So humble, so caring and helpful, and I'd honestly hire him in a heartbeat if i was an employer. He's a TSR member too.

Also, they're also not really looking for someone who is a prodigy at coding too, they're looking for someone who is genuinely interested and keen in learning. So creating a successful app isn't that significant.

At the end of the day, they want people who fit a certain criteria, academic achievement is probably at the bottom of that list. They want someone who would be good when working in a team, someone who can motivate others and is generally a good team player.

Employers don't care about your grade, they care about YOU as a person and what you can bring to the table. Same with Cap, they don't care about grades. Hence why there mini requirement is 240 UCAS points. If they cared about grades they would raise that bar higher.

Here here haha. They hired me earlier this year and i'm only predicted ABB. People don't realise that companies don't value grades in the same way universities do.
Original post by kieranswhite
I'm pretty sure references are people that Capgemini will contact if you are successful. I chose my head of 6th form and another teacher as well as the place i used to do part time work at.

Hope this helps :smile:

Cheers man! good luck
Does anyone who is an apprentice at Cap have any idea about the cost of living in Birmingham? If I'm successful I will have to move to Birmingham and wasn't sure whether many apprentices share accommodation together, or people get their own place? :smile:
Original post by nathanm97
Does anyone who is an apprentice at Cap have any idea about the cost of living in Birmingham? If I'm successful I will have to move to Birmingham and wasn't sure whether many apprentices share accommodation together, or people get their own place? :smile:

Well it really depends the sort of flat your looking for. I think average is around 500 a month although you can find some cheaper. It really depends on the part of birmigham you are looking to live in, understandably the more towards the centre and town the higher rent is, it certain areas you can find flats for as cheap as £300

Also if your base in Birmingham but you have to work somewhere else, like London, Capgemini will put you in a hotel instead and pay it all for you :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Here here haha. They hired me earlier this year and i'm only predicted ABB. People don't realise that companies don't value grades in the same way universities do.

Yep. ABB is actually significantly higher than the base requirements for Cap. More proof that they aren't completely concerned about the grades is the fact that they can higher on predicted grades (for the end of June intake) and you could be in the midst of training right now without any A Level qualifications. It is about the person, not the certificates. That is the reason that they do so many interviews (group and face to face) so that they can get a really good understanding of YOU and what you are like to be around. Will you fit in with a group etc.
Hello..

So i just got my Alevel grades and found that i got an A in computing and a B in maths.. Unfortunatly i got an E in my 3rd subject and now im worried ill be pulled out of training for the september ALE??
Any thoughts on what theyll do/if theyll be flexible?

I know the contract says a "minimum of 3 c's" but it also says ' or equivalent' - and i exceeded my offer in ucas points so im really worried :s-smilie:

i was hoping because its an It company, having an A will help?

Any advice appreciated.. :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Elephant_man
Hello..

So i just got my Alevel grades and found that i got an A in computing and a B in maths.. Unfortunatly i got an E in my 3rd subject and now im worried ill be pulled out of training for the september ALE??
Any thoughts on what theyll do/if theyll be flexible?

I know the contract says a "minimum of 3 c's" but it also says ' or equivalent' - and i exceeded my offer in ucas points so im really worried :s-smilie:

i was hoping because its an It company, having an A will help?

Any advice appreciated.. :s-smilie:

If you've got an offer, you'll be fine. They'll probably monitor you throughout ALE though just to see how you cope with it. I'm part of the June intake by the way, so feel free to drop me a message if you have any questions about ALE or the campus or anything. Some of the June intake didn't get 3 C's but they're being allowed to stay, don't stress!!!
Reply 430
Anyone starting in telford end of the month?:smile:
Original post by issy012

I start on Monday. Not sure if that's what you meant?
Original post by issy012

It's a November start for me. :smile:
Reply 433
I start on Monday. Not sure if that's what you meant?

I meant going ALE. I start 27th of this month..
Original post by issy012
I meant going ALE. I start 27th of this month..

Oh right :smile: So yeah i start on the 7th september for ALE.
Anyone got an assessment centre in Aston on the 8th of September?
Capgemini don't just look at your academic grades, they also look at you passion for IT and your character.Grades alone don't effect your application. If you show a real passion for IT like you said they could still consider you regardless of what subjects you took. I know people who took subjects for A level which were completely unrelated to IT but they still showed a passion for IT and were accepted!If you have any other questions let me know!
Reply 437
Capgemini don't just look at your academic grades, they also look at you passion for IT and your character.Grades alone don't effect your application. If you show a real passion for IT like you said they could still consider you regardless of what subjects you took. I know people who took subjects for A level which were completely unrelated to IT but they still showed a passion for IT and were accepted!If you have any other questions let me know!

That is a relief to hear! I listed what grades I got for my AS-levels, which I am sure you've noted in my previous message... But my teachers saw that I have the potential to achieve a much higher final grade in my A-level, and have predicted me higher. Would Capgemini overlook my AS grades, and still regard my predictions? Also do I have to state my AS grades in my application, or can I just put down my predictions? (I will be retaking some AS modules, to bump up my final grade too)
I have an assessment centre on 5th october and was wondering whether you could give me some advice and information about what to expect, how your experience was and some tips. Thanks.
Anyone know when the application window opens for September 2016?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending