The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Question for all candidates. One serious, one not so serious.

1) Regarding some of tree candidacy's promise of a focus on hypes, will we be seeing historical hypes? E.g Suez Crisis, Yom Kippur war etc.. and also how far back can we go with these?

2) Do you watch Anime? Favourite Anime? Favourite Anime film? And favourite film in general.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by PierceBrosnan

1) Regarding some of tree candidacy's promise of a focus on hypes, will we be seeing historical hypes? E.g Suez Crisis, Yom Kippur war etc.. and also how far back can we go with these?

2) Do you watch Anime? Favourite Anime? Favourite Anime film? And favourite film in general.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I want differing Hypes including historical, the Israeli/Palestine should be interesting.

No Sorry I don't. I have a diverse taste though
Reply 22
I shall ask some questions tomorrow.
Original post by The Mad Dog

Do you think your role as Deputy Leader of the Greens could affect your ability to carry out this role?

No. Take a look at Birchington, he is the leader of the Liberals in the MHoC yet his attention does not deviate, I am able to multitask between role plays.

And for everyone; How often do you think hypes should be held?

I think they've gone from a rarity to being used too often and too similiarly, probably one per month but that is not a fixed idea, i'm willing to make hypotheticals whenever there is a convincing idea for the theme around.
(edited 10 years ago)
The Mad Dog
QFA

How will your regular bans affect your ability to lead the MUN?

Yes, I'd definitely be looking to increase the number of historical hypes and I'd go as far back as is sensible. Yom Kippur war sounds like a good idea for one. One hype I'd love to do is one set around the collapse of the Soviet Union as all the new nations form but that might be a bit tricky.

I don't watch Anime but my favourite film is currently the new Star Trek.

Original post by Cheese_Monster
No. Take a look at Birchington, he is the leader of the Liberals in the MHoC yet his attention does not deviate, I am able to multitask between role plays.

Exactly the answer I expected and I agree with you, take it as a compliment to your manifesto that's the only question I could come up with :tongue:

I think they've gone from a rarity to being used too often and too similiarly, probably one per month but that is not a fixed idea, i'm willing to make hypotheticals whenever there is a convincing idea for the theme around.

I disagree here but I've already outlined my position on hypes so we know where we stand at least.

Original post by St. Brynjar
How will your regular bans affect your ability to lead the MUN?

I generally know that I'm going to get banned when I do, in the past I've just posted anyway because I couldn't care less, if I was acting as SG I'd feel a greater responsibility to make sure I don't get banned.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
Question to all candidates;

Social media is increasingly becoming more popular with the internet age developing rapidly. We already have a Twitter account established, what would be your plans to further the development of this to reach out to more people and possibly get new members through that medium?
Original post by RoryS

Social media is increasingly becoming more popular with the internet age developing rapidly. We already have a Twitter account established, what would be your plans to further the development of this to reach out to more people and possibly get new members through that medium?

Whilst I appreciate the benefits of social media, it's overrated and judging by recent revelations morally corrupt, we have a gigantic user-base on TSR that fit the exact target demographic for the MUN our aim should be to get them using the MUN - we only need a small minority of the tens of thousands of people who visit this site daily to get involved. Although if people want to expand the MUN's social media into a facebook page or elsewhere, fine I'll help.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by RoryS

You like your social medias don't you ? :wink:

I have already pledged to make the Twitter more actively consistent and advertise it more heavily within the MUN and in the UK Politics forum. However, I think Twitter is relatively niche. I for one rarely use it. I think an MUN Facebook page would be far superior in creating activity and generating interest and so i'd be interested in creating one.

I love history and I haven't seen any historical hypotheticals thus far, i'd very much be open to suggestions, but just as Birchington tried out, I believe it'd be good to have hypotheticals that aren't always based on war and conflict. I quite fancy something refreshing and creative, maybe a zombie pandemic as a one off.

If you count hentai as anime, then oh yes :wink:
Favourite film? Rush Hour!
(edited 10 years ago)
Question to Morgsie, given that a VoNC was launched against you in January in your capacity as the representative to the EU Bloc and the subsequent suspension of the EU Bloc, do you believe you can increase and maintain high activity levels and new member retention in the MUN?
Reply 30

Posted from TSR Mobile

Question 1 Answer;

Yes we will be definitely looking about past history and current affairs in the hypes! Its really important to explore the past and the present.

Question 2; Answer

I can't say I don't, however I will look into it!
Reply 31
Any questions for me??? If you do I will not hesitate to answer them!
Favourite chocolate bar, fellow candidates?
Reply 33
Original post by RoryS

As one of the current Social Media Managers, As you may know I have attempted to expand the Social Media department and uses, As stated in my manifesto.

I would like to introduce more ways to make it more active and more usable.

I would like to create the following

Wordpress Site for Blogging

On-line Newspaper Site - For updates and regular hypes and resolutions

I also have a few tips to expand the staffing of the department to make it more frequent and active! There are a lot of area's I wish to improve and develop in the Social Media aspect as this could bring us the coverage we need!

Hope this answers your question, If you have any more questions do not hesitate to ask

@RoryS
Reply 34

This is a hard one..... Either a Twirl or a Double Decker!
Reply 35
Question for @Cheese_Monster

I noticed you study at Exeter University for International Relations with Aboard Study... Would this affect your Activity and Development of the MuN if you where away in a foreign country?
Original post by Ry.

I noticed you study at Exeter University for International Relations with Aboard Study... Would this affect your Activity and Development of the MuN if you where away in a foreign country?

I'm glad you noticed. No it won't, my year abroad is in my third year, no Secretary General in the history of the MUN has stayed in that position for three years consecutively so it won't be a problem!

#GalaxyRipple, I won't lie to you. Yourself?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 37
I'm glad you noticed. No it won't, my year abroad is in my third year, no Secretary General in the history of the MUN has stayed in that position for three years consecutively so it won't be a problem!

Still... You could last 3 years, If so? Your activity and development would be put aside?

And I thought you (let's be honest you're the outright front-runner here) would serve for infinity and beyond.

Galaxy Cookie Crumble.

Original post by Ry.

This may come as a shock to you but the internet exists abroad :tongue:

A question for you, giving you only have 42 posts on the entire TSR forum how can we be sure you're going to stick around?
And I thought you (let's be honest you're the outright front-runner here) would serve for infinity and beyond.

Are you commiting to vote for me there? :wink:

Til the day I die.

@Ry, they have internet in Canada, i'm sure that's not a pressing problem here.

Latest

Trending

Trending