The Student Room Group

UKCAT 2014 Entry -- Scores Poll

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Trying not to get disheartened that the majority here got >800..I guess people are only going to post good scores, but I hope this doesn't mean much higher cut offs this year!
Hey everyone, I thought about making a thread about this but then realised this Q has prob been asked before so please link me if it has! I took the UKCAT today and did well in all sections but VR - I ended up with a 590 which is probably below average if the average is around 600. Do you know of any universities that take into account individual subset scores rather than just the average? I know one - Imperial GEM. Any others? Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think Nottingham rank per section for UG. Are you a graduate applicant?
Original post by MJK91
I think Nottingham rank per section for UG. Are you a graduate applicant?

I am indeed.

I was originally set on applying to 5 year UG courses only just because I thought I'd bomb the UKCAT big time (bomb = in a bad way kind of bombing), but ended up doing quite well so now I'm not sure what I'll do! I'll look into Notts and if you are right, I'll make a note to avoid applying there. Thank you :smile:
Reply 44
Just got back from mine:
VR 760
QR 840
AR 690
DA 870
So average of 790 exactly.
Overall happy, but had a bit of a flap with the AR, the first couple of sets seemed to be two of the trickiest.
It's been a really good day for the UKCAT! People all scoring above 750...
Original post by MJK91
It's been a really good day for the UKCAT! People all scoring above 750...

Yeah, I know. A part of me thinks I'll get an email tomorrow telling me there's been a massive mistake and all UKCAT results from 29th of August must be downgraded by 200. Because then, my score would make more sense. *so confused*
Original post by Cephalosporin
Yeah, I know. A part of me thinks I'll get an email tomorrow telling me there's been a massive mistake and all UKCAT results from 29th of August must be downgraded by 200. Because then, my score would make more sense. *so confused*

Nah I'm sure you'll be fine. As a grad, I shouldn't tell you this, but you're essentially guaranteed an interview at Kings A102, Barts A101, Southampton A101 and Newcastle A101 if you choose to apply :smile: No point doing an expensive 5-year. You'll probably cost me an interview with my puny 740 :P
It's honestly crazy how 800+ is the modal category this year!!! I thought I'd done really well and now it seems like at least 25% of people have done better :L I swear usually only around 2-3% of people get 800+?!?!
Reply 49
Original post by Dr. Django
It's honestly crazy how 800+ is the modal category this year!!! I thought I'd done really well and now it seems like at least 25% of people have done better :L I swear usually only around 2-3% of people get 800+?!?!

Im worried about this too but I think most of them are not being truthful or only the best people are voting. I will be honest last year I did bad in the UKCAT and never touched a poll, this year I did better so I voted :colondollar:
It's because people are hammering AR and DA this year. VR and QR have always been tough but they're offsetting it with amazing AR/DA scores. It means if you can somehow scrape high 600s or low 700s on the first two sections you're almost guaranteed a 780+ score. Frustrating that they can't just keep the test difficulty similar over the years.
Original post by MJK91
Nah I'm sure you'll be fine. As a grad, I shouldn't tell you this, but you're essentially guaranteed an interview at Kings A102, Barts A101, Southampton A101 and Newcastle A101 if you choose to apply :smile: No point doing an expensive 5-year. You'll probably cost me an interview with my puny 740 :P

:smile: Your 740 is really good! I'd be hopping up and down if I get that score.
P.S I am non-EU so we won't be in the same applicant pool!
Reply 52
I got a 670
vr - 570
qr - 600
ar - 620
da - 900
sj - band 3
What schools do I have a chance of making it into? (im an international student)
Reply 53
guys i need advice i am so depressed after my ukcat argh i wanted to fking run in front of a bus once i got that result do you guys think i have any chance at medicine for undergrad and if so at which uni
my academic qualifications being this
AS Grades
maths 97% (a)
phy 92% (a)
chem 77% (b)
bio 72 % (b)
A2 predictions
A*A*AA
gcse
3a*2a2b
ukcat 670
vr 610
qr 700
ar 610
da 760
Reply 54
Original post by bloodwolfi
guys i need advice i am so depressed after my ukcat argh i wanted to fking run in front of a bus once i got that result do you guys think i have any chance at medicine for undergrad and if so at which uni
my academic qualifications being this
AS Grades
maths 97% (a)
phy 92% (a)
chem 77% (b)
bio 72 % (b)
A2 predictions
A*A*AA
gcse
3a*2a2b
ukcat 670
vr 610
qr 700
ar 610
da 760

EU or Non-EU?
Firstly, I'd like to say that the 800+ category is probably people messing with our stats for the 'lols'.

However, I would like to share my score from the test I took today.

VR: 690
QR: 900
AR: 900
DA: 860
SJT: Band 1

I'm over the moon, to say the least! Now, for the BMAT...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 56
got 797.5 but SJ band 3 :/ where is best to apply, (ie, heavy on ukcat but dont use SJ) thanks
Reply 57
Original post by jiffle
EU or Non-EU?

Non eu i am from india
Original post by robrob9595
got 797.5 but SJ band 3 :/ where is best to apply, (ie, heavy on ukcat but dont use SJ) thanks

Some universities are not planning on using the SJT this cycle. Research into that. :smile: The only one I know is UEA/Norwich. Although I don't think they are particularly heavy on the UKCAT.

Edit: Apparently Edinburgh takes SJT into account but in the non - academic part of your application. QUB also isn't using SJT this year. You can always try calling up your prospective universities and ask. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 59
Very surprised at such a large 800+ category!

I got:

VR - 600
QR - 730
AR - 840
DA - 880
SJT - Band 1

3050 total (762.5 average)

Think this will be okay for Sheffield/Southampton/Newcastle/Nottingham (or anywhere else I would have a decent chance?)

I know Nottingham have a points system by looking at the UKCAT score with GCSEs (Mine were: 9A* 3As)

Edit: Why the neg?
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending