The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

EU Students- How best to pay fees?

Hello everyone,

I do actually feel quite stupid to ask this, but how exactly am I supposed to
pay my fees? (I'm from Germany)
Should I do it via International Bank Transfer?
And how much do I have to pay? Just 1820 pounds?
There is this information about some 50pounds for completion fees or something... When and how do I have to pay that?

I'm just really confused at the moment...
Thanks a lot for your help :biggrin:
Reply 1
EU students do not have to pay fees. You should apply through SAAS for funding to get your fees covered. You can find the information on that here http://www.saas.gov.uk/full_time/ug/eu/index.htm though I think you have now missed the deadline so you might want to do that asap to make sure you get the funding in September.

The completion fee is a fee that the University requires you to pay to graduate but in recent years they have made students pay it at the beginning of their degree rather than at the end. You can pay it through Isaint, using a credit or debit card, once you get your log in details for that. Are you conditional/unconditional?

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Did you read about tuition fees on UCAs page when you applied? You should ALWAYS read anything that involves money very carefully. You will save regrets in the future for yourself. Also poster above told everything you need to know.

Please do read everything about fees and money. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Oh-WOW
EU students do not have to pay fees. You should apply through SAAS for funding to get your fees covered. You can find the information on that here http://www.saas.gov.uk/full_time/ug/eu/index.htm though I think you have now missed the deadline so you might want to do that asap to make sure you get the funding in September.

The completion fee is a fee that the University requires you to pay to graduate but in recent years they have made students pay it at the beginning of their degree rather than at the end. You can pay it through Isaint, using a credit or debit card, once you get your log in details for that. Are you conditional/unconditional?

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thank you so much!
I had actually read quite a lot about the fee situation, but I thought we were supposed to pay ourselves first before getting the money from the government...
I have now submitted my application for the funding. (my offer for St Andrews is unconditional)
Should I do anything now apart from praying the funding gets paid in time? And if the funding is too late (as I obviously applied after the garantee deadline) how do I know? :K:

Thanks again!!!
Reply 4
You do not need to pray for funding. Universities are quite flexible in understanding that money will come but SAAS is one lazy bunch who has a tons of processing to do and little time for it :biggrin:

Relax and enjoy your summer. Can I ask what are you going to study?
Reply 5
Original post by Valentas
You do not need to pray for funding. Universities are quite flexible in understanding that money will come but SAAS is one lazy bunch who has a tons of processing to do and little time for it :biggrin:

Relax and enjoy your summer. Can I ask what are you going to study?

This is really good news :biggrin:
I am going to study Psychology (MA) and I'm looking forward to it tremendously. But I still can't quite believe that my dream to study in GB is actually coming true :redface:
Reply 6
Hiya,
I'm also from Germany and I have just recieved my letter of Award which tells me that SAAS is paying my tuition fees directly to the University. Does anyone now if I have to do anything now? Like telling the University that SAAS pays for me?
Reply 7
No, stay quiet. Bring that letter to the university with you. You MAY need to show it for them, Usually they don't care. :biggrin:
Reply 8
Reply 9
Original post by Welsh Lady
This is really good news :biggrin:
I am going to study Psychology (MA) and I'm looking forward to it tremendously. But I still can't quite believe that my dream to study in GB is actually coming true :redface:

Hi, I saw you are going to study psychology and I just have a few questions for you (I'm in 10th grade and I too want to study psychology and was considering this university or Aberdeen). So, did you study psychology in high school as well and did it count for your application? And, I don't know if Germany qualifies for IB or EB (I'm from Romania, and we take the EB), but either way, did you get in with scores as high or higher than those stated in the entry requirements? And one more thing...The funding you got from SAAS, is that a student loan or is your tuition being covered by the government (on the site it said that only UK students are eligible to have their tuition or/and? accommodation paid by the gov. or sth like that)? Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending