The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Criminology & Sociology Students!

Hi,
Is there anybody who studied Criminology & Sociology (foundation) degree last year who could give me an example of the timetable? :confused:
Reply 1
I want to know this Aswell I've recently applied for this course as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi!
I had a reply from Hull SAS on another thread I put up on the course timetable & they said we won't find out a finalised timetable until we get there on the day. They also said that it is more than likely it will be everyday but could only be for an hour a day. I just wanted a rough idea so I could sort my child care out but doesn't look like I'm going to be able to. :frown:
It's nice to meet someone else who is going to be on the course though. Are you a mature student as well?
Reply 3
I'm gonna be 20 next month so still relevantly young you can find out just before we start like 1st week of September my mum done that at her uni because the child grant requires to know in order for them to determine how much to give for the child minder

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Ah right, that would be better for me. How did she find out? Just calling them?
Reply 5
She called 1st week of September so by then everyone has their results gone through clearing ect

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Oh fab, will def be doing that then! Thanks! :biggrin:
Ru looking forward 2 starting the course? Ru from Hull or ru staying on campus? I'm from Scarborough so will be travelling thru.
Reply 7
I'm doing Sociology BA so I'm sure we'll be doing some of the same modules, really annoying if we don't find out till we get there as I'm going to need to get a job ASAP. :/
Reply 8
I know, loads of other Uni's give u ur timetable online as soon as it's finalised. Think they forget u have a life that needs organising outside of Uni! :mad:
Reply 9
I've actually never visited hull it was a last minute decision I'm anxious just don't want no 9-6 lesson everyday I'm coming from London

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gloria28
I've actually never visited hull it was a last minute decision I'm anxious just don't want no 9-6 lesson everyday I'm coming from London

Posted from TSR Mobile

9-6? you will be in a class no more than 3/4 hrs a week.
Reply 11
Original post by Thugnificent.
9-6? you will be in a class no more than 3/4 hrs a week.

Well we've been told there is a possibility that we could be in everyday but the time frame is unknown

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well we've been told there is a possibility that we could be in everyday but the time frame is unknown

Posted from TSR Mobile

I very much doubt you will spend a whole day in classes.
Reply 13
Original post by Thugnificent.
I very much doubt you will spend a whole day in classes.

I was just saying I know they are not gonna do 9-6 every day let alone once a day but nothing is impossible. Unless you have the timetable already to tell us

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, London! Will u be travelling up on the train everyday or stopping over? I'm not familiar with Hull either, been shopping there a few times but don't know the city very well. Am going 2 an open day at Uni in Sept so I can see where it is as I'll be driving thru everyday.
I don't think they will be 9-6 the guy I spoke to said it could just be an hour a day in lectures, but personally I wouldn't mind doing a few hours a day over 2/3 days rather than just 1hr everyday so I don't have 2 travel as much.
Reply 15
Will be living up there for the three years so woop woop really not excited about that aspect

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Can anyone explain the timetable to me please

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest