The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Scheme 2014

Scroll to see replies

Same! I hate being in limbo like this, especially as it could take up until the 4th of April to hear anything?! On the one hand I'm relieved that I mustn't have done as badly as I thought, but then again I'm still pessimistic about my chances now I'm on the stand by list. Apparently you can email and ask your position on the list so I'm going to try and do that.
Reply 181
rejected again and I felt I did so much better this year in the interview damn

oh well I will get feed back and try again :P another interview in the NHS next week anyway so its not the be all to end all
I've just phoned them - it's 0845 300 1426.

I'm 63 out of 73 people on management. I don't think I'm gonna get called :/ pretty gutted tbh.
Got my email and I'm on the reserve for GM.
I did give them a call and was told I'm 38th on the reserve list so I doubt I'll get to the assessment centre.
Best of luck to everyone else!!
I was told I'm 31 out of 78. I read on the facebook page somebody asked on average how many people get a call for the finance scheme on the stand by list and they said about 5%. Which would mean only the top, like, 4. :frown:
Reply 185
I am 55. It seems a bit ridiculous to have so many people on reserve, are the really expecting 73 people not to turn up!? Has anyone been given an outright acceptance or rejection yet?
Reply 186
I got through for GM :smile: , so surprised after my interview! Has anyone specified any additional information for their first placement? Not sure if there is anything I need to specify?
Original post by Rose911
I got through for GM :smile: , so surprised after my interview! Has anyone specified any additional information for their first placement? Not sure if there is anything I need to specify?

I got through for HR as well. I didn't specify anything in that box as I couldn't really think of anything that was relevant!
Reply 188
Original post by Res.360
I am 55. It seems a bit ridiculous to have so many people on reserve, are the really expecting 73 people not to turn up!? Has anyone been given an outright acceptance or rejection yet?

Clearly they're not expecting to need all 70 people. However, what they seem to like doing in the public sector is having a pass mark, above which you've reached a standard acceptable for the role. However, to actually progress in your application, it depends how your performance relates to other candidates.
Original post by alibee
Clearly they're not expecting to need all 70 people. However, what they seem to like doing in the public sector is having a pass mark, above which you've reached a standard acceptable for the role. However, to actually progress in your application, it depends how your performance relates to other candidates.

I guess it just depends. I have heard of other schemes, such as HMRC that have called up 150+ people from their reserve list?

I live in hope I guess :smile:
Reply 190
Original post by Disneygirl92
I guess it just depends. I have heard of other schemes, such as HMRC that have called up 150+ people from their reserve list?

All I was trying to say is that I don't think the reserve lists relate to any projected number that they might need, more to however many people meet the benchmark.

I definitely think that by this time of year, they must get a lot of candidates who have accepted other positions. Good luck!
Reply 191
Original post by Disneygirl92

not to put anyone down but they received alot more funding in order to take more people. As over the coming years looking into tax avoidance will become bigger and bigger.

Sadly the NHS and management within the NHS is disliked by the Tories so funding cuts are still taking affect and more are due to come in.
I got the email at pm1 to say i was on the reserve list and a call back at around 4.30pm telling me there were 78 people on the reserve list and that i was number 1, so i should expect a call from them soon.

Im thinking i might ask on the FB group to see if they have already been giving out invites to people on the reserve to see if i am actually first, or if i was actually near the top and only now first because they've given out 10 invites already. Doubt i will get a reply over the weekend though.

Gah, i hate waiting!
Reply 193
I got through to the AC for general management. Does anyone know what the odds of getting the job are now? Thanks
More or less 1 in 3 I think. There are about 272 people invited to AC I think and there will be around 100 positions on the final scheme.
Reply 195
Original post by rustybarnet
More or less 1 in 3 I think. There are about 272 people invited to AC I think and there will be around 100 positions on the final scheme.

Still pretty competitive, that's a shame!
Original post by nate29
Still pretty competitive, that's a shame!

To be fair, an AC invite alone puts you in the top 2% of initial applicants. The hard work is by no means over, but it's still a heck of an achievement!
Out of interest, has anyone found any information regarding the format of the assessment day? I haven't come across anything so far, so I'm guessing it might be a surprise left for the day!
Reply 198
From what I've heard it will be the same format as last year. A link to last year's thread is here

I do not think that numbers are finalised yet, I know last year the first thing we were told was that the numbers had been revised down slightly.. so that was a nice start to the day!
Original post by Cestrian
From what I've heard it will be the same format as last year. A link to last year's thread is here

I do not think that numbers are finalised yet, I know last year the first thing we were told was that the numbers had been revised down slightly.. so that was a nice start to the day!

Thanks, that's really helpful! You never know, maybe this year they'll revise up the numbers. We can but hope, haha!

Quick Reply

Latest