The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Scheme 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Unsurprisingly didn't pass the GM interview. I found the interviewers incredibly nice but tbh the questions were a bit strange. I have answered a lot of questions in interviews about team work etc so felt well-prepared, but I got a couple of swerve balls. Probably can't mention what the Qs were in here but even looking back I can't think how I could have answered them very well. That said I got the same questions everyone else did so some people must have done well! I'll try not to squirm in my chair with an obvious 'WTF?' expression if I try again next year.

Good job all
Reply 201
I am through to the AC on General Management route. Congrats to everyone who made it this far.

I have booked onto the 3rd April slot. For people who will be staying over the night before just thought I'd share there is a new-ish Travelodge 2 minutes walk from the Leadership Academy that looks pretty good for a budget chain. Certainly well within the £80 expenses range!
Reply 202
At least they're snappy with their expenses payments! I'm really shocked, I received my cash today. It's actually the first repayment I've had including interviews as early as 7th January :/
For those on the standby list - invites wont start to be sent out until the end of this week.

EDIT: just got my call, see you at the assessment centre on the 2nd of April! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 204
Original post by Disneygirl92
I guess it just depends. I have heard of other schemes, such as HMRC that have called up 150+ people from their reserve list?

I live in hope I guess :smile:

Don't be fooled by the numbers. HMRC increased their intake number from 120 to 200 and that's why they called 150 from the reserved list. They have 1000 people on the reserved list and won't tell you where you are. Some people were invited to the AC but didn't turn up. The first 96 people get called from the reserved list, only 20 accept to go to the AC.
Reply 205
Does anyone think there will be anywhere to leave our over night bags when we get to the academy, as I was planning on staying at a hotel the night before?
Ive only just found out about this scheme and will apply in October for next year. Does anyone know what the salary is whilst training as I cant find that information. Thanks
Original post by AlisonT76
Ive only just found out about this scheme and will apply in October for next year. Does anyone know what the salary is whilst training as I cant find that information. Thanks

It's under the FAQs on the NHS Graduates site. This year it's £22,444 per year, but I'm guessing that's subject to change for the 2015 intake.
Original post by rustybarnet
It's under the FAQs on the NHS Graduates site. This year it's £22,444 per year, but I'm guessing that's subject to change for the 2015 intake.

Thanks for that :smile:
Reply 209
Anyone know how many people are left on the reserve list?
Reply 210
Anybody got an assessment centre date that is proving hard to make?
Realised I have an exam on the same date as I booked the AC, and all the days are full :frown:
Called a couple days ago and they offered assessment centre to the first 3 people on the stand by list.
I called today I am now 2nd on standby list has anyone had their assessment centre? Also anyone got any idea on how many assessment centre the nhs are running.

Thanks
Chelsea
I think they're running about 9 or 10 ACs. I don't think they start until next week as mine is booked for the 26th and I remember choosing a date quite near to the top of the list!
Reply 214
Chelsea
What number did you call them on to find out?
Thanks

Original post by colourmechel
I called today I am now 2nd on standby list has anyone had their assessment centre? Also anyone got any idea on how many assessment centre the nhs are running.

Thanks
Chelsea
Reply 215
Hi, anyone has done the AC? How do you feel?
Original post by kate278
Chelsea
What number did you call them on to find out?
Thanks

Hi sorry for delay Kate I called 0845 300 1426.

I have now been fortunate enough to be invited to the Friday AC day :smile:
nervous though it's dead hard to find tips online about nhs AC days.
Has anyone found Anything helpful online?

thanks
chelsea
Reply 217
The intake for this year, hr 15, it 15, finance 25, gm 50.
What is the dress code for the assessment centre?
Original post by -rubyruby-
What is the dress code for the assessment centre?

I haven't seen any formal dress code stated anywhere, but when I went the men were all in suits and the women in smart business type wear.

I'm guessing nobody wants to be the one to turn up in jeans and a hoody!

Quick Reply

Latest