The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Scheme 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rustybarnet
I haven't seen any formal dress code stated anywhere, but when I went the men were all in suits and the women in smart business type wear.

I'm guessing nobody wants to be the one to turn up in jeans and a hoody!

yes, i do not want to be jeans and hoody girl!

My AC date is wednesday and i started up with symptoms of a cold today. Brilliant timing. :s-smilie:
Reply 221
Original post by colourmechel
Hi sorry for delay Kate I called 0845 300 1426.

I have now been fortunate enough to be invited to the Friday AC day :smile:
nervous though it's dead hard to find tips online about nhs AC days.
Has anyone found Anything helpful online?

thanks
chelsea

Congrats, I hope it went/goes well, what position in the list were you initially?
I did mine with a cold as well. Not the greatest timing in the world, but I got through it!
Reply 223
Can anybody who has been to the AC comment on the approximate finish time? I know the email specifies around 16:30, but I was just wondering how accurate that is? Thinking of trains and journey home etc.
Original post by Rhiazzle
Can anybody who has been to the AC comment on the approximate finish time? I know the email specifies around 16:30, but I was just wondering how accurate that is? Thinking of trains and journey home etc.

On mine the exercises finished at 16.00 and we were free to go straight away after that. I think they allow the extra half an hour in case there are delays getting started in the morning.
Reply 225
On mine the exercises finished at 16.00 and we were free to go straight away after that. I think they allow the extra half an hour in case there are delays getting started in the morning.

Ok that's great, thanks for replying :smile:
Reply 226

I was finished by 14.45, it depends totally on the time of your last activity, good luck!
Reply 227

Depends on your personal timetable. My final activity finished at 4pm but others were leaving an hour and a bit before I was able to. You should be out by just after four worst case scenario and the station is very close.
Original post by Tinsley
Depends on your personal timetable. My final activity finished at 4pm but others were leaving an hour and a bit before I was able to. You should be out by just after four worst case scenario and the station is very close.

I wish I'd realised we were able to go before 4pm. I was sat around for an hour reviewing everything I'd done because I thought I needed to kill time!
Reply 229
I wish I'd realised we were able to go before 4pm. I was sat around for an hour reviewing everything I'd done because I thought I needed to kill time!

That's annoying..! Oh well, still better than being finished at 4pm and having to quickly finish your journal when you knew everyone was dying to go home :colondollar:
Reply 230
Thanks for the feedback re: finishing time guys. One more question, this time regarding dress code: do you think I will be able to get away with wearing a cardigan? With like a pencil skirt/blouse/heels? To my interview and to an assessment centre for a different scheme I wore a blazer, but I feel like I will perform so much better dressed in something that makes me feel more like myself. When I dress in a suit I feel like a bit of a fraud, but at the same time I don't want to look too...casual. For those of you who have already had your ACs, do you think a cardigan rather than a blazer would look out of place?

Sorry if these seem like silly questions...can you tell the last minute nerves are kicking in? :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 231
I'm sure you'll look great in a smart skirt and blouse with a cardigan. If you're worried you could bring your jacket and swap them over if you feel out of place but I'm sure you'll be fine without the blazer.

I firmly believe that people look best when they're relaxed and comfortable. Good luck!
Reply 232
I think cardigan will be fine too. I wore a dress and had no cardigan/blazer only my coat and it was rather cold! Cardi will be fine :smile:
Reply 233
Just got a call inviting me to the final AC tomorrow. I was 14th on a standby list of 35 for the Financial Management Stream.

Any other Finance Stream people already had their AC's ?
Reply 234
Original post by deejay10
Just got a call inviting me to the final AC tomorrow. I was 14th on a standby list of 35 for the Financial Management Stream.

Any other Finance Stream people already had their AC's ?

Yup I was on day one. Congrats! I wonder if lots of people drop out or if they decide they want to see more?
Hey everyone, hope your well!

Does any body know how many people for the HR scheme were invited to the Assessment center? (im guessing around 20ish, i might be wrong)
I don't know how many were invited, but I know there are 15 HR places on the final scheme. I'd assume there would be more than 20 at AC if that were the case :/

Provided the proportion of HR candidates to candidates from the other three streams stays the same, I would guess that there were 39-40 HR candidates that were invited to AC. But I don't know for sure...
Oh really? It seems as though they have offered a few more places then, at my interview they told me there was only 10 jobs (1 per region) they also told me there was 10 on the live question panel we got to do on Facebook.

I haven't been invited to the AC im on the standby list, but i got the impression what ever the job intake was they invited double to the AC. I might query it with them just for knowledge sake to see how far down the list i am out of the total candidates who applied.
At the ACs they've been telling people that there are a few more jobs available. I don't know exactly what the numbers are, I was just taking an educated guess!
Ah i see, its great they have offered more out!! I'm happy i did well enough to be on the reserve list, just gutted as i just missed out on an invite! Ah well cant dwell on it, maybe next year!

Good luck to everyone who was successful to get an invite to the AC :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest