The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Scheme 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
On my day they said there were 105 jobs but potentially a few more, i.e. 108ish but nothing confirmed yet and not sure on the distribution of the few extra if they are there.

50 General
25 Finance
15 HR
15 HI (I think I got the last two right, but I have a sneaky suspicion one of these was 10 because they said the numbers didn't add up because it wasn't yet finalised).

'Just over' 270 applicants which is about a 1 in 2 to 1 in 3 chance. I would imagine the more competitive two streams would be more like a 1 in 3 chance.

Good luck to everyone :smile:
So, the assessment centre stage is finally over and done with. Not sure how many of you follow the NHS Twitter page, but apparently we'll know our results no later than the 18th April. I'm assuming they won't start informing people until at least the 14th as that's what was briefed at my AC at least.

Good luck to everyone. I'm not hugely confident as I made a major time management error during the written exercise, but I'm still hoping that I might have made up for it elsewhere!

Overall I enjoyed my day though. How did everyone else feel about it?
Reply 242
How much did you do of the written task? I had technology issues and had to print mine off and tick the boxes by hand because my Word messed up. All the grads on the scheme were like ahhhh we don't know how to fix it quick just print and do it by hand!

I felt a bit worried after that but I think my other tasks went OK. It's so hard to gauge, isn't it? I don't think anything went horrendously, but I'm not sure what they are looking for really. Definitely enjoyed it though. Never imagined I would, thought I would be far too stressed too enjoy it.

So, 14th-18th! Next week will be a very slow one...
Original post by Tinsley
How much did you do of the written task? I had technology issues and had to print mine off and tick the boxes by hand because my Word messed up. All the grads on the scheme were like ahhhh we don't know how to fix it quick just print and do it by hand!

I felt a bit worried after that but I think my other tasks went OK. It's so hard to gauge, isn't it? I don't think anything went horrendously, but I'm not sure what they are looking for really. Definitely enjoyed it though. Never imagined I would, thought I would be far too stressed too enjoy it.

So, 14th-18th! Next week will be a very slow one...

Frustratingly I misinterpreted the instructions for the written exercise and until 10.55am I thought that it was only the newsletter article that had to be submitted by 11.25am. So I prioritised doing that first, and then worked through part 1 really thoroughly as I thought we had time throughout the day to complete the whole document! By the time I realised my mistake it was too late so I barely got to part two before I ran out of time!

As I said, I'm hoping that my performance in part 1 and in the other parts of the process might be enough to carry me through. I looked at last year's thread and there was someone who did something similar and was still offered a place, so I'm keeping positive for the moment!

You're quite right though - it's going to be a long wait!
Reply 244
I didn't speak to anyone who finished and felt OK about the written task. Even those who did finish felt they had to rush terribly and skip out things they didn't want to! Least we submitted it :smile:

There were loads of errors on my day. Email said submit report at 11.45 but meant 11.25. They had to redo our timetables at lunch. That added to the stress! The date on the emails and computer was still March 2013 too. They certainly challenge you and give you a lot to deal with. Very good experience glad I had the opportunity to go.
(edited 10 years ago)
Well, by this time next week we should hopefully all know one way or another. Good luck to everyone!
I can't help feeling as if I'm spamming the thread, but according to the Facebook page we should all know our results by 10am tomorrow.
Reply 247
Yay I just got a phone call offering me my first choice location for the HR stream. Ecstatic is an understatement!!
Original post by Rhiazzle
Yay I just got a phone call offering me my first choice location for the HR stream. Ecstatic is an understatement!!

I've been offered my first choice for HR as well! Apparently I was their first call so I guess they'll be working through everyone now.

Whereabouts are you based?
Reply 249
Original post by rustybarnet
I've been offered my first choice for HR as well! Apparently I was their first call so I guess they'll be working through everyone now.

Whereabouts are you based?

Yay congrats to you! I'm going to be based in the East, what about you?
Original post by Rhiazzle
Yay congrats to you! I'm going to be based in the East, what about you?

Same here! I'm currently based in the South but will be moving up there as that's where my girlfriend is from originally.
Reply 251
Same here! I'm currently based in the South but will be moving up there as that's where my girlfriend is from originally.

Oh that' great! I'm already based in the East, just crossing my fingers I'll get my first placement somewhere not too far from home, as some parts of the East such as Norfolk are over two hours away! But either way I'm not complaining, just so trilled to be offered a place :biggrin:
Reply 252
I have been offered a place on General Management, North East, my first choice. So excited! Congratulations to everyone who got through, and looking forward to meeting you all!
Reply 253
Finance scheme East of England!! Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the 'where will they put me?!' kicks in! So unbelievably thrilled..! I had Boots Retail Management for North and East London but NHS was my dream job. I can't believe it!

Fingers crossed for everyone yet to hear :smile:

ETA: I live in Essex at the moment. My first choice was London *but* I put East as my second choice thinking I was potentially more likely to be offered my second choice than my first anyway..! :redface:

I wonder how far North and East and West 'East' is....EEEEEEEK!!!! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 254
Finance, southwest, 1st choice
Original post by Tinsley
Finance scheme East of England!! Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the 'where will they put me?!' kicks in! So unbelievably thrilled..! I had Boots Retail Management for North and East London but NHS was my dream job. I can't believe it!

Fingers crossed for everyone yet to hear :smile:

ETA: I live in Essex at the moment. My first choice was London *but* I put East as my second choice thinking I was potentially more likely to be offered my second choice than my first anyway..! :redface:

I wonder how far North and East and West 'East' is....EEEEEEEK!!!! :biggrin:

You may have seen this already, but there's a rough map of all the regions on the NHS Graduates website. I've posted the link below. Congratulations!

http://nhsgraduates.co.uk/the-scheme/locations.aspx
Reply 256
You may have seen this already, but there's a rough map of all the regions on the NHS Graduates website. I've posted the link below. Congratulations!

http://nhsgraduates.co.uk/the-scheme/locations.aspx

Thank you! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 257
Is anyone else on standby?! More waiting argh!!
Reply 258
Original post by Katiee182
Is anyone else on standby?! More waiting argh!!

Do you know where you are on the list?

Someone on Facebook said they were 14th on the list for Finance but got offered a place in August last year :smile:
How do you find out where you are on the list??

Quick Reply

Latest