The Student Room Group

Interview at "As Nature Intended"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Serena17
Yeah :smile:

Do you know anyone else who's applied to this job?

Nope unfortunately, so I don't have a rough idea at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by paulax
Nope unfortunately, so I don't have a rough idea at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, that's the reason I posted a thread on here :smile:

Hopefully everything will go smoothly & good luck for tomorrow!!! :biggrin: I bet you'll be great :wink:
Reply 22
Same, that's the reason I posted a thread on here :smile:

Hopefully everything will go smoothly & good luck for tomorrow!!! :biggrin: I bet you'll be great :wink:

Thanks, I just finished it. It was okay, all he did was go through the application form that you get in store. By the way he said they're hiring 3/4 people for this role. I don't think I'll get it but I'm content with how it went :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by paulax
Thanks, I just finished it. It was okay, all he did was go through the application form that you get in store. By the way he said they're hiring 3/4 people for this role. I don't think I'll get it but I'm content with how it went :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh Well Done!! :smile: Noo! Hopefully you'll get it! Why do you think you wouldn't - Always think positive!! :biggrin:

So he didn't ask any hard questions like "Give me an example when..." ?

So 3-4 roles, I'm guessing this is for both the Chiswick & Ealing shop
Reply 24
Oooh Well Done!! :smile: Noo! Hopefully you'll get it! Why do you think you wouldn't - Always think positive!! :biggrin:

So he didn't ask any hard questions like "Give me an example when..." ?

So 3-4 roles, I'm guessing this is for both the Chiswick & Ealing shop

Ah, I don't know, I just felt like he wasn't interested. He didn't seem too excited, or atleast as excited as I was haha. I think he assumed things and didn't really believe what I was saying. No no, the hardest was like 'what do you know about organic food?' and 'what would you do if you had to choose between two jobs' after asking if I had applied elsewhere. You'll be okay. Just relax, I have a good feeling that you'll get through. He'll tell me on Friday if I'm successful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by paulax
Ah, I don't know, I just felt like he wasn't interested. He didn't seem too excited, or atleast as excited as I was haha. I think he assumed things and didn't really believe what I was saying. No no, the hardest was like 'what do you know about organic food?' and 'what would you do if you had to choose between two jobs' after asking if I had applied elsewhere. You'll be okay. Just relax, I have a good feeling that you'll get through. He'll tell me on Friday if I'm successful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah no don't worry! I've heard from friends that interviews are usually quite dull - So there's nothing to worry about! :smile:

How long did the interview last for? & did you see other people coming for the interview?
Reply 26
Ah no don't worry! I've heard from friends that interviews are usually quite dull - So there's nothing to worry about! :smile:

How long did the interview last for? & did you see other people coming for the interview?

Aw I really hope that's the case.... It was really short, maybe 10-15 minutes? I probably didn't say something that he was looking for or something, because he looked a little awkward. There were two, the one asking and another writing things down. A little intimidating. Nobody else :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by paulax
Aw I really hope that's the case.... It was really short, maybe 10-15 minutes? I probably didn't say something that he was looking for or something, because he looked a little awkward. There were two, the one asking and another writing things down. A little intimidating. Nobody else :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay

Again there being 2 interviewers also seems to be normal

I'm actually starting to get worried :s-smilie:

I was wondering if you saw anyone else waiting or coming from an interview

TBH I have a feeling that not a lot of people applied
Reply 28
Original post by paulax

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I just wanted to know where the interview actually took place in

Did you just walk into the shop and introduce yourself? :smile:

Sorry If I sound annoying by asking all these questions :redface:
Reply 29
Ah I just wanted to know where the interview actually took place in

Did you just walk into the shop and introduce yourself? :smile:

Sorry If I sound annoying by asking all these questions :redface:

Not at all don't worry. I'm happy to make you feel at ease, and yes I just went to the girl near the medicine counter and she went and told them I was here for an interview... Meanwhile I just walked around the shop. He then came and shook my hand and we went up a set of stairs into a small room and discussed there. I'd say just be calm really and about the whole school thing he was like 'let's out summer aside, I want to know how available you will be when you begin sixthform' so I said weekends and evenings :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
What day is your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by paulax
Not at all don't worry. I'm happy to make you feel at ease, and yes I just went to the girl near the medicine counter and she went and told them I was here for an interview... Meanwhile I just walked around the shop. He then came and shook my hand and we went up a set of stairs into a small room and discussed there. I'd say just be calm really and about the whole school thing he was like 'let's out summer aside, I want to know how available you will be when you begin sixthform' so I said weekends and evenings :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww, Thank you so much! I appreciate your help very much!

Even though I haven't done the interview yet, I have a feeling that the school and shift hours are going to be an obstacle in getting the job, most of the times they want people who are flexible :s-smilie:
Reply 32
Aww, Thank you so much! I appreciate your help very much!

Even though I haven't done the interview yet, I have a feeling that the school and shift hours are going to be an obstacle in getting the job, most of the times they want people who are flexible :s-smilie:

It's alright trust me, the guy was really straightforward about it and didn't comment on it apart from asking if it would stop me from doing any extra-curricular activities... He wanted total honesty and it's not like they put a number of hours on the ad - just 'part-time' which could mean anything really... You'll do really well, I wish there were more people to discuss this though! Maybe it shows that hardly anyone applied

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by paulax
It's alright trust me, the guy was really straightforward about it and didn't comment on it apart from asking if it would stop me from doing any extra-curricular activities... He wanted total honesty and it's not like they put a number of hours on the ad - just 'part-time' which could mean anything really... You'll do really well, I wish there were more people to discuss this though! Maybe it shows that hardly anyone applied

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh okay, Hopefully everything will go well :smile:

That's exactly what I thought...Usually when people get an interview they search up about it online and discuss it

But I found nothing about as nature intended online :s-smilie:

If the interviews were given out on Tuesday and they're contacting us a on Friday

I'm guessing if it was 1 person being interviewed a day (not including the weekends) , since maybe Thursday to Wednesday or Thursday it means there were around 5-6 people being interviewed

I'm not sure I'm just guessing completely

But one thing I keep thinking about is the passport sized photo
Was that for the form?
Reply 34
Oooh okay, Hopefully everything will go well :smile:

That's exactly what I thought...Usually when people get an interview they search up about it online and discuss it

But I found nothing about as nature intended online :s-smilie:

If the interviews were given out on Tuesday and they're contacting us a on Friday

I'm guessing if it was 1 person being interviewed a day (not including the weekends) , since maybe Thursday to Wednesday or Thursday it means there were around 5-6 people being interviewed

I'm not sure I'm just guessing completely

But one thing I keep thinking about is the passport sized photo
Was that for the form?

That's very true, and for 3-4 positions I guess it's not too bad competition-wise. Same, I literally found nothing apart from their website and supermarkets like Waitrose have so many threads.
I wondered too, it's basically for the manager to remember who you are. I only had one of me ages ago, so I photocopied my passport one which he took instead. (As if they've had sooo many applicants to not remember us lol!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Do you think that they would've interviewed those who just handed in an application form from the shop? Seeing as they asked questions from there...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by paulax
That's very true, and for 3-4 positions I guess it's not too bad competition-wise. Same, I literally found nothing apart from their website and supermarkets like Waitrose have so many threads.
I wondered too, it's basically for the manager to remember who you are. I only had one of me ages ago, so I photocopied my passport one which he took instead. (As if they've had sooo many applicants to not remember us lol!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh okay - Lool that's what I thought too :smile:

Hmm I'm not sure

I found this job via GumTree and it said the job was only posted like 11 days ago & last time I walked past the shop there weren't any vacancy posters so maybe most people applied on-line?

But I think even if someone did just give in a application they may have just asked them a few questions there or just call them up or just see them for a very short interview? Not sure :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by paulax
Do you think that they would've interviewed those who just handed in an application form from the shop? Seeing as they asked questions from there...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just wondering, did you find this job via GumTree too? :smile:
Reply 38
Just wondering, did you find this job via GumTree too? :smile:

Yep, I did! And I agree with what you said, as I popped into it about a week before I saw the vacancy online and asked the manager if there were any, to which he said no... Fingers crossed though. How great would it be if we both got it?! *optimistic vibes*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by paulax
Yep, I did! And I agree with what you said, as I popped into it about a week before I saw the vacancy online and asked the manager if there were any, to which he said no... Fingers crossed though. How great would it be if we both got it?! *optimistic vibes*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh okie && Yes! That would be amazing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending