The Student Room Group

Motorbike Society- IV

Scroll to see replies

They found my bike!!!! Sophie is sort of OK. She needs a lock set (they broke the ignition barrel, fuel filler cap) and a new front wheel plus a few cosmetic things but overall, she is in good shape!

Happy days!!!
Original post by gbduo
They found my bike!!!! Sophie is sort of OK. She needs a lock set (they broke the ignition barrel, fuel filler cap) and a new front wheel plus a few cosmetic things but overall, she is in good shape!

Happy days!!!

So pleased for you :smile: any way of installing a ground anchor where you are? or you getting a garage
Original post by gbduo

Happy days!!!

Awesome! How did they find her? Datatag? Tracker?

That's awesome! :woo:

Now we just need 345rty to get his back as well . :tongue:
Original post by gbduo

Happy days!!!

:woo:

has she got an immobiliser?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1984
Great news! My CBR was found once but was too bad to repair. I'm glad that hasn't happened to you.

Boris - I might be about Tuesday?
Hi all
Its a sad day I have just MOT'ed the bike (Yamaha YBR 125), which I have had for about 4 years now and now I have to sell her. :'(
The reason I'm selling is because I'm moving to the other side of the country and the winters are too cold on my hands. No heated grips as the battery is way too small. She passed the MOT with flying colours though :smile:
But I WILL return to biking and get my full license at some point in the future. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Original post by ElliJ28
Hi all
Its a sad day I have just MOT'ed the bike (Yamaha YBR 125), which I have had for about 4 years now and now I have to sell her. :'(
The reason I'm selling is because I'm moving to the other side of the country and the winters are too cold on my hands. No heated grips as the battery is way too small. She passed the MOT with flying colours though :smile:
But I WILL return to biking and get my full license at some point in the future. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:console:

Your subtle bike advertising at the same time is subtle. :tongue:

Whereabouts are you moving from/to?
Heated grips are lovely but mine broke a year ago. :frown:

You riding on a CBT atm or just done your test on a small bike?
Been home for a week now. It's weird and a bit strange becoming accustomed again to the way of life in the west country. However, I put an application in for a job on Tuesday and I've got myself a trial this evening.

Biggest news though is that with the money from my Swiss job, I've been able to pay off the rest of my finance that I once had on my Triumph. Big weight off my shoulders and no longer a waste of money. That said, there's a cracking 0% deal on the new Kawasaki ZX6R at the moment. Not that I'd do it; I'd get in the neck from Leah big time!

Ah well, the weather's been decent and my Honda's been missed greatly. 3 months away from a motorcycle makes a man mad, I tell you that! First ride out was ruined by rain but the second was sublime. Made me glad that I'm on two wheels instead of four.

Hope you're all well :smile:
Original post by Motorbiker
:console:

Your subtle bike advertising at the same time is subtle. :tongue:

Whereabouts are you moving from/to?
Heated grips are lovely but mine broke a year ago. :frown:

You riding on a CBT atm or just done your test on a small bike?

LOL
I'm moving from Cornwall to Cumbria.
I'm only on CBT due to money; it costs a lot to do DAS these days but at some point in the future I WILL do it. It does hurt to have to sell the bike :'( (no advertising intended)
Original post by ElliJ28
Hi all

http://www.keisapparel.co.uk/?product=keis-heated-inner-gloves-new-for-2011 is actually what you need and battery, not to sell the bike! :tongue:
Original post by Motorbiker
Awesome! How did they find her? Datatag? Tracker?

That's awesome! :woo:

Now we just need 345rty to get his back as well . :tongue:

Nope good old fashioned policing found it! It needs a few new parts, be around £600 but I can fix it so its all good.

It is definitely getting a DataTool on it!
Original post by Bathwiggle
http://www.keisapparel.co.uk/?product=keis-heated-inner-gloves-new-for-2011 is actually what you need and battery, not to sell the bike! :tongue:

There is also the other fact that I'm moving from one end of the country to the other and at the moment only on CBT so no motorways. So sad as it is the bike needs to be sold :frown:. But at some point a new one will be bought :smile:
Reply 1992
Original post by ElliJ28
There is also the other fact that I'm moving from one end of the country to the other and at the moment only on CBT so no motorways. So sad as it is the bike needs to be sold :frown:. But at some point a new one will be bought :smile:

When I moved, ugsy came with me.

And clearly, moving 5 minutes down the road is comparable to moving to the other end of the country.

Ugsy did actually go to London when he wasn't allowed on motorways.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juno
When I moved, ugsy came with me.

And clearly, moving 5 minutes down the road is comparable to moving to the other end of the country.

Ugsy did actually go to London when he wasn't allowed on motorways.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The journey is 9 1/2 hours by train I don't think Silver would make it :frown:
Original post by ElliJ28

Could you freight it? There are loads of bike moving companies around that will put it on a trailer. Cheaper than buying/selling your bike.
ElliJ28
x
Original post by gbduo
Could you freight it? There are loads of bike moving companies around that will put it on a trailer. Cheaper than buying/selling your bike.

jamescargobikes.com are your guys. They could get my Honda from my home address in south Devon to Geneva airport in Switzerland for just shy of £600. That's over a thousand miles between the two for a very fair price. All the other companies I asked wanted near £850. They also helped a guy called Bruce Smart (teapotone) get his GSXR-1000 shipped whilst he was riding around the world for charity.

OORRRRR, is it possible to hire a van and strap it down in that?

------

Glad you got the Triumph back GB. Great news for you matey!
test rode the MT07 and MT09 today.

went out on the 07 first and it was brilliant, but its nothing compared to the MT-09.

Then Phyllis didn't feel as fun on the way home :sad:

Street triple tomorrow :excited:
Reply 1997
Original post by Boristhethird
test rode the MT07 and MT09 today.

went out on the 07 first and it was brilliant, but its nothing compared to the MT-09.

Then Phyllis didn't feel as fun on the way home :sad:

Street triple tomorrow :excited:

Poor unwanted phyllis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Didn't get the job that I had the trial for the other day.

I do have a new pipe for Mila though. Pipewerx thingy that sounds mint at idle. Haven't taken the baffle out yet but it can only sound naughtier than it does already. There doesn't appear to be any real difference in sound at high speed compared to the stock pipe but in second gear and at 20 odd mph, it burbles like a beaut :biggrin: Next things on the list are shorty levers and possibly a new double bubble screen. Now't wrong with the current one but it's purple and I've decided I don't like it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by F4LL3N
Great news! My CBR was found once but was too bad to repair. I'm glad that hasn't happened to you.

Boris - I might be about Tuesday?

sorry, only just saw this.
the test ride was only a shot one (or two) in the end anyway.

got lost on the way to triumph today (A10 and A12 sound too similar anyway), got there too late for them to be able to do the work on my dads bike, so no street triple :sad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending