The Student Room Group

Taking A2 as a private candidate

So I have decided to take another year out, in the hope of getting in to my uni of choice next year. While at college I had taken History at AS level, and I now want to do the second year of the course as an external candidate, but for the exam board that I had taken the AS with, there is a coursework module. Does anyone have experience of trying to get colleges to accept an external candidates coursework, or am I going to struggle to find somewhere that will do it ?
Reply 1
Original post by Mikef1994
So I have decided to take another year out, in the hope of getting in to my uni of choice next year. While at college I had taken History at AS level, and I now want to do the second year of the course as an external candidate, but for the exam board that I had taken the AS with, there is a coursework module. Does anyone have experience of trying to get colleges to accept an external candidates coursework, or am I going to struggle to find somewhere that will do it ?

You are going to struggle, as any centre accepting your coursework entry will have to authenticate it as yours (and how would they know?) and mark it. Barely any, if any, are prepared to do this. The exam board exceptions to this are AQA, where they have arrangements for the moderator to mark private candidates' work and it doesn't have to be the entering centre that authenticates the work and CCEA, which doesn't have coursework. If you're not doing either of these exam boards it would be worth investigating transferring to one for A2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending