The Student Room Group

Do uni's need to see your GCSE certificates/do they contact exam boards?

I only have photocopies of my exam results, will unis accept this or need to even see them?
Will they contact the exam boards because of this?
Your best bet is to ask the university directly what they want, because it varies. Some will want real certificates, some will be happy with emailed scans and some won't bother with anything. Check up now to give yourself time to buy copies of the certificates from the exam board if that is what they want.
Reply 2
Original post by Felis.Catus
I only have photocopies of my exam results, will unis accept this or need to even see them?
Will they contact the exam boards because of this?

Original post by carnationlilyrose
Your best bet is to ask the university directly what they want, because it varies. Some will want real certificates, some will be happy with emailed scans and some won't bother with anything. Check up now to give yourself time to buy copies of the certificates from the exam board if that is what they want.

I would also check with the Universities, however I would pay to get new ones from the exam boards either way, as even though it is rare some future jobs do ask to see some GCSE's and only accept the original form.
Original post by L4L4
I would also check with the Universities, however I would pay to get new ones from the exam boards either way, as even though it is rare some future jobs do ask to see some GCSE's and only accept the original form.

Good point. The real thing will be needed somewhere along the line. Costly process, unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending