The Student Room Group

Girls, what are your thoughts on posh guys?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If your definition of 'posh' is simply well off and from a wealthy background, then overall it will be a plus.

As money is a form of power, it will be a plus to most women (mind you more so adult women than teenagers). Women want to marry someone more powerful, more successful and wealthier than they are, so the higher up you stand, the more you appeal to.
That being said, too big a gap in background can create problems, which is why most people end up with someone of at least slightly similar background to themselves.

Of course there are negative traits that are associated with being 'posh', but I consider those more negative personality traits than wealth-related. There are *******s of every class background, that's just the way it is.

I was raised what would probably be an upper middle class background and most guys I've dated have been better off than I am, as well as slightly older. When I have been on dates with guys who appear to have less, it's been a bigger issue for them than for me. They seem to make it a constant subject of conversation, and I've been under the impression that men feel far more comfortable being the financially stronger one in a relationship.
Reply 21
o I like! depends on person though...would not be able to tolerate arrogance and showing off and depends on other things too I suppose

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending