Aberdeen Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Do they send them out by mail or emai?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RebeccaNeilson
Do they send them out by mail or emai?

Posted from TSR Mobile

By e-mail. :smile:
Has anyone received an invitation for interview yet?? Im freaking out, I haven't heard anything from them yet. Is it normal for them to take that long?
Original post by school1234
Has anyone received an invitation for interview yet?? Im freaking out, I haven't heard anything from them yet. Is it normal for them to take that long?

Yes. It is still very early days. Interview invites will be going out well into December.
Reply 584
Aberdeen has system based learning or PBL?
Original post by Aniaa

Have you looked at the course information on their website?
Reply 586
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Have you looked at the course information on their website?

yess of course I did! I looked thourgh their prospectus before applying but now i can't really remember :/
Reply 587
Hi! Does anyone know if each station of the interview is in a separate room, or are all the stations in one big room? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Aniaa

Aberdeen has a systems based course in the first three years with no PBL.

I hope you will forgive the pedantry but your question doesn't really make sense: 'Systems based' describes the global structure of a course whereas PBL describes the delivery method (in the same way that a lecture or a tutorial is a delivery method). A curriculum could have a lot of PBL and still be systems based.
Reply 589
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Aberdeen has a systems based course in the first three years with no PBL.

I hope you will forgive the pedantry but your question doesn't really make sense: 'Systems based' describes the global structure of a course whereas PBL describes the delivery method (in the same way that a lecture or a tutorial is a delivery method). A curriculum could have a lot of PBL and still be systems based.

thank you so much :biggrin:. And yeah, it may make no sense but in my interview book it says that it can be either system based (traditional) or PBL.
Reply 590
It's system based at Aberdeen

When making a comparison, you should compare 'subject based learning' with 'system based learning'

System based learning being the better one of course! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 591
And the delivery method is mostly lectures?
Reply 592
Original post by MOHSINM31
It's system based at Aberdeen

When making a comparison, you should compare 'subject based learning' with 'system based learning'

System based learning being the better one of course! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mind providing an example of a uni which uses 'subject based learning'
Not heard of it :/
Reply 593
Original post by Chi-

Good question! Honestly, I don't think many of the universities focus a lot on subject based learning.

I got this from Edinburgh's thread: '"The first few years at Edinburgh have a systems-based focus on the basic sciences (subject-based in first semester)"'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 594
Rung up aberdeen. They said if you hear from them before Xmas it's good news, after that is a rejection most probs
Original post by dparekh7
Rung up aberdeen. They said if you hear from them before Xmas it's good news, after that is a rejection most probs

'most probs'?

Thank you so much for that singularly unhelpful post.
Reply 596
Original post by dparekh7

so theres still 1 month....Im getting kinda nervous now :/
Original post by Aniaa
so theres still 1 month....Im getting kinda nervous now :/

I didn't have my interview last cycle until February, don't panic about it :smile:
Reply 598
Original post by Scottasaurus
I didn't have my interview last cycle until February, don't panic about it :smile:

was that from Aberdeen? Yeah well, but I heard that Scottish unis are so competitve (cause they are cheaper than English ones) and that they tend to accept Scotts before others (which is normal) and I am actually from Belgium so that puts me already on the worse position :/
Original post by Chi-

Yeah I think the previous user just made the phrase 'subject based learning' up. An example would be Aberdeen's old (apologies Becca-Sarah :tongue:) course. The 1st year was anatomy and physiology of the entire body and then they moved onto disease processes in 2nd and 3rd.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending