The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by peanutbutter18
I mean heard back in terms of interviews, not offers or anything haha! Had St Andrews and Dundee interviews, and Edinburgh don't interview so it's just Aberdeen that I've heard nothing at all from. How's your application going?

Oright, I've heard back from 2/4, interview at aberdeen and one next week at glasgow. :biggrin:
Original post by Chi-
Oright, I've heard back from 2/4, interview at aberdeen and one next week at glasgow. :biggrin:

Well done! Where else did you apply?
Reply 782
According to Aberdeen's twitter next batch of invites go out next Friday at the latest. Likely to be either the last or 2nd last batch since they're intending to have all invites out by mid-December and they seem to be sending them out about once a week.
Original post by am1992
According to Aberdeen's twitter next batch of invites go out next Friday at the latest. Likely to be either the last or 2nd last batch since they're intending to have all invites out by mid-December and they seem to be sending them out about once a week.

Okay, thanks!! :smile:
Reply 784
Original post by peanutbutter18
Aghh, cmon Aberdeen. Only place I'm still waiting to hear from! :s-smilie:

then you have nothing to worry about!
Original post by am1992

next friday meaning 13 of December? (what a great date to receive an interview invitation lol)
Reply 785
Original post by Aniaa
then you have nothing to worry about!

next friday meaning 13 of December? (what a great date to receive an interview invitation lol)

Yip, I'm of the opinion they must be saving the best 'til last! Though if they are I'm definitely not getting an invite :P

Twitter link is below:

https://twitter.com/aberdeenuni_smd
No offer to interview yet, I thought with a 1st Class Life Sciences degree (from the U.K) and a 775 UKCAT I would have had a solid chance. Nor do I have any criminal convictions and nor have I been interviewed by them before. I have never been interviewed by them, although I was rejected without interview twice, although I thought that made no difference because I was under the impression it only matters if you are rejected after interview twice,not before interview. Any suggestions on why I haven't got an interview offer from them despite my solid degree score and UKCAT.
Original post by am1992

This just made my stomach turn
Original post by Thanatos833
No offer to interview yet, I thought with a 1st Class Life Sciences degree (from the U.K) and a 775 UKCAT I would have had a solid chance. Nor do I have any criminal convictions and nor have I been interviewed by them before. I have never been interviewed by them, although I was rejected without interview twice, although I thought that made no difference because I was under the impression it only matters if you are rejected after interview twice,not before interview. Any suggestions on why I haven't got an interview offer from them despite my solid degree score and UKCAT.

Interview invites are still going out, there's no point fretting over why you haven't got one when you're still in with a chance. I presume you did ask for feedback after your two rejections so that you could improve on whatever was lacking?
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Interview invites are still going out, there's no point fretting over why you haven't got one when you're still in with a chance. I presume you did ask for feedback after your two rejections so that you could improve on whatever was lacking?

Do you know when all the interviews will be sent out by? If we don't get one by Friday is it most likely a rejection?
Reply 790
Original post by Thanatos833

You're not the only one mate, there's only 1 RUK applicant on this thread I've seen get an interview for Aberdeen, so it definitely seems harder in terms of competition for RUK...and before any of the Scots start ripping into me on how it is not harder for either a Scot or RUK applicant to nab an interview etc. please have a look for last year's admission data on the website. It works out roughly 50% chance to get to the interview for Scot applicants whereas around 24% for RUK applicants. I rest my case.
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Yeah, it was my personal statement, I upgraded that, but its not even being counted to any significant process as regards the invites to interview this year I hear.

I mean it just makes no sense to me, they said a 1st gets maximum points for the academic component and my 775 UKCAT should have put me in a very good position as far as gaining points on the UKCAT was concerned. What really sucks is I chose Aberdeen over Glasgow, and now with Glasgows UKCAT cutoff I would have gotten an interview for sure.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 792
is this speculation or does someone know for definite that all interview invitations are going out before christmas? and anyone else starting to panic or just me??:confused: cmonnn aberdeen
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 793
Original post by Sduff32
is this speculation or does someone know for definite that all interview invitations are going out before christmas? and anyone else starting to panic or just me??:confused: cmonnn aberdeen

When I had my interview there I think it was mentioned that there would be 7 interview dates. 4 have already been so there should be 3 more; possibly one more in December and 2 in January or all 3 in January. It would seem unlikely that they would give out all remaining interview offers before Christmas if this is indeed the case.
Reply 794
Original post by Leibniz
When I had my interview there I think it was mentioned that there would be 7 interview dates. 4 have already been so there should be 3 more; possibly one more in December and 2 in January or all 3 in January. It would seem unlikely that they would give out all remaining interview offers before Christmas if this is indeed the case.

Thank you! I was thinking that myself, normally they only give 2/3 weeks notice
Reply 795
Original post by alixeastham
This is the reply I got when I asked...

Interview start next week (w/c 18th Nov) and will end at the end of February.

We will notify all candidates who have been selected for interview by mid-December.

Best wishes,
Sarah Miller
Admission Adminsitrator (Medicine)

Thanks for clearing it up:smile:
So are the last batch of interview invitations being sent out this friday?
Reply 797
Original post by Sduff32

i panic too. It would be my very first rejection and I am not sure how I would handle it
Original post by alixeastham
No I asked that and they said that they still have lots more invitations to send out :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah *sigh of relief*... :ahee:
Original post by Aniaa
i panic too. It would be my very first rejection and I am not sure how I would handle it

getting a rejection is not the end of the world, and you still have other places to hear from.

term ends on the 20th so that will probably be the latest anyone will hear back before the end of this year, if it is true that they are not sending out invites after christmas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending