The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aaroncarlisle
Predicted A*A*AA at A2
680 UKCAT.
I know people with lower UKCAT scores getting through to interview, but they were Scottish.
Does aberdeen look less favourably on a levels?
Still haven't heard from them.
Does anyone know anyone with a similar score to mine getting through?

It's not to do with the qualifications you're offering. You're competing for a RUK place, the Scots have a different set of places, so it's not comparable.
Reply 1081
Original post by somaliya
I'm a home graduate student- have they sent out a lot of interview invites to graduates?
Should I still have hope left.. Because it's slowly fading away :/

I am a Scottish grad with an interview.2.1 biomed science degree with ukcat of 720.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1082
hey guys, I was just wondering if any rejections were sent so far?
Original post by Aniaa
hey guys, I was just wondering if any rejections were sent so far?

They only handout rejections in march along with offers. its just incase they want to review anybody`s application again, they can do this easily because your application is still "undecided".
So if we have not heard by now about an interview its a rejection unless they find spaces?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1085
Original post by Aaroncarlisle
Predicted A*A*AA at A2
680 UKCAT.
I know people with lower UKCAT scores getting through to interview, but they were Scottish.
Does aberdeen look less favourably on a levels?
Still haven't heard from them.
Does anyone know anyone with a similar score to mine getting through?

Same predicted grades, with 690 UKCAT and I've an interview for 7th feb! And I'm from Northern Ireland so I don't see why you don't have one, but chin up, there's still hope!
Reply 1086
What is the course structure at Aberdeen? I keep reading the website but I'm a little confused as to what it's classed as

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1087
Any hotels near the university ???
Reply 1088
Original post by MX123
Any hotels near the university ???

Be careful when looking for hotels as the interviews are not held in Aberdeen University, they are at the Suttie Centre which is part of the hospital complex. This is nowhere near Aberdeen Uni.
Reply 1089
Original post by ftb186
Be careful when looking for hotels as the interviews are not held in Aberdeen University, they are at the Suttie Centre which is part of the hospital complex. This is nowhere near Aberdeen Uni.

Oh god thanks for that!
Original post by Somebody503
So if we have not heard by now about an interview its a rejection unless they find spaces?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess so. :s-smilie: But we're only in January you know. Anything can still happen. So, stay optimistic. Who knows, we might get lucky. :smile:
Reply 1091
Original post by Rubysmith
They only handout rejections in march along with offers. its just incase they want to review anybody`s application again, they can do this easily because your application is still "undecided".

oh really? On tiwtter they say they will start rejecting hopefully by January
Original post by Medicine2014
I guess so. :s-smilie: But we're only in January you know. Anything can still happen. So, stay optimistic. Who knows, we might get lucky. :smile:

I know one person who got interview at Aberdeen but declined it so there is at least one space left :P
Reply 1092
Flying to Aberdeen and back in one day!

This had better be a worthwile trip: the flights from Manchester are extortionate!

And it is during my mock week! AAArrrggghhhhh. Such stress. Many nerves.
Reply 1093
Original post by mjross95
Flying to Aberdeen and back in one day!

This had better be a worthwile trip: the flights from Manchester are extortionate!

And it is during my mock week! AAArrrggghhhhh. Such stress. Many nerves.

The uni's are normally quite good about re-arranging if it's during your mocks/exams. Glasgow and Belfast both gave me alternative dates because the original dates they gave me were during my exam week in December. Just sayin!
Original post by Aniaa

maybe they have changed their mind. I am only saying this because i applied last year an they waited till the end to give a reply
Reply 1095
[QUOTE="Rubysmith;46043535"]
Original post by Aniaa

maybe they have changed their mind. I am only saying this because i applied last year an they waited till the end to give a reply

Lets hope so.
Reply 1096
Original post by Aniaa

I know one person who got interview at Aberdeen but declined it so there is at least one space left :P

It doesn't say on their Twitter page that they will reject in January?!
Aberdeen have always rejected and handed offers out in march I'm sure.
Reply 1097
Original post by Chi-

https://twitter.com/aberdeenuni_smd/status/412503538036932608
Whats the lowest UKCAT score that has got an interview??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chi-

Maybe they have started rejected some applicants but no one on TSR has yet to be rejected? :smile:

Original post by Somebody503
Whats the lowest UKCAT score that has got an interview??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year, the lowest UKCAT score for successful applicants was 2140. But the scoring system has changed this year and the UKCAT now makes up 20% of our applications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending