The Student Room Group

Why do you want children?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Mainly to continue my family tree, see someone grow up hopefully better than I did. Also all the stuff that comes with children family memories etc are quite appealing of course
So that they can take care of me when I become an old granny :tongue:
Reply 22
Original post by ce303ce303
So that they can take care of me when I become an old granny :tongue:

Why not adopt?
Reply 23
Because I want someone to love and care for. And watching them grow and mature would be really fun as well! I want to be a dad so badly.
I was going to stick my head up my bum and post a long winded reply of the joys of children ... but my son and daughtet have just pourred red paint all ovwr themselves, my carpet and the walls .... so at this minute in time im not sure why i decided to have them haha xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hyde
As the title suggests, I'm curious to know why so many people want children - personally I see no appeal in having kids and any benefit of children could be gained by adopting anyway and you're improving the quality of life of someone already in existence and not making more people - but that's my view.

So, for those of you who want children - why do you want to have them?

Long life bro.eventuyally youll have nothing better to do.:wink:
Reply 26
Original post by Hyde
As the title suggests, I'm curious to know why so many people want children - personally I see no appeal in having kids and any benefit of children could be gained by adopting anyway and you're improving the quality of life of someone already in existence and not making more people - but that's my view.

So, for those of you who want children - why do you want to have them?

I want my kids to have the things in life that I never had when I was growing up. Things like chest hair.
Reply 27
Original post by Kreativ
So you gonna have urself neutered OP so you wouldn't have a possibility of having children?

or just not to have sex anyways?! But looking at OP's answer, it could be hard to do so, so sterilization is a more preferable option ...according so
Reply 28
Original post by 69cards
or just not to have sex anyways?! But looking at OP's answer, it could be hard to do so, so sterilization is a more preferable option ...according so

I'm asexual anyway - so it's not as if I will ever have sex, unless I'm chained and forced into it :s-smilie:
When I had my first child I wasn't ready for a baby at that point. At that stage in my life I had in my mind a vague "one day I'll have kids" without really giving much thought as to why I wanted them.
Then I got pregnant most unexpectedly. So really life just threw kids at me.

Original post by Jodiepreece
I was going to stick my head up my bum and post a long winded reply of the joys of children ... but my son and daughtet have just pourred red paint all ovwr themselves, my carpet and the walls .... so at this minute in time im not sure why i decided to have them haha xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

*cringes* at the paint scenario. Worst I've had to deal with is pens/crayons etc. on the walls and furniture. Paint just seems so much worse.
Reply 30
Original post by Hyde
I'm asexual anyway - so it's not as if I will ever have sex, unless I'm chained and forced into it :s-smilie:

AH good to know you make up 1% of world's population.
that doesn't seem like a bad idea, I will make sure it's passed on like a Mexican wave.
Reply 31
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
When I had my first child I wasn't ready for a baby at that point. At that stage in my life I had in my mind a vague "one day I'll have kids" without really giving much thought as to why I wanted them.
Then I got pregnant most unexpectedly. So really life just threw kids at me.

*cringes* at the paint scenario. Worst I've had to deal with is pens/crayons etc. on the walls and furniture. Paint just seems so much worse.

My cousin when he was younger drew pictures on his mom's new bought car by scratching it with sharp rocks
Poster paint is pretty easy to remove .... wax crayons are a bitch though :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't but when I see my sister express the love she has for her son, part of me really wishes that I was mentally healthy enough to want kids because I just have so much love to give like that! :ahee:
minime.jpg
Original post by Hyde
Why not adopt?

Might do!
Reply 36
So I can emasculate all of my daughter's male friends.

The ****ers.
Reply 37
Original post by jamboogy
So I can emasculate all of my daughter's male friends.

The ****ers.

Gruesome.
Reply 38
Original post by 69cards
My cousin when he was younger drew pictures on his mom's new bought car by scratching it with sharp rocks

Did you purposefully change your avatar to a baby?
Reply 39
Original post by Hyde
Did you purposefully change your avatar to a baby?

Yeap, it's a cute one too ..I.. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending