The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Union Street Accommodation

anyone else staying in Union Street? :biggrin:
Im doing nursing.. room confirmed. Cant wait now!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, i'm staying at union street too and doing nursing :smile: is this your first year?
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 2
Original post by mjgetliffe
Hi, i'm staying at union street too and doing nursing :smile: is this your first year?

Hey. yeh first year :biggrin: yourself? :biggrin:
Didn't know first years could apply for Union Street! Aw now I'm worried I'm going to be the only nursing student in halls. :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Lynzigzagzay
Didn't know first years could apply for Union Street! Aw now I'm worried I'm going to be the only nursing student in halls. :frown:

Yeh Union Street is the nursing accommodation. I tried to apply for halls as i thought it was handy for classes.. but they told me that they were only available from the 7th Sept.. and union Street is available from the 2nd (The day we start) ... she told me i could apply for halls but would have to find me own place for a week :s-smilie:

Aw no.. Ive met alot of people staying at home. some in private flats in stirling... Some staying in halls.. and some staying union. Theyll be some other nurses in halls :biggrin:
I emailed Residential Services and they said no other nursing students are staying in Geddes Court, but I've decided to just stick with my decision to stay there, can't really afford union street (although she said that heating/lighting/electricity normally comes to about £5 per week per student) but the extra money for travel to and from uni to Union street would all add up too, so Geddes Court it is. :frown:
Reply 6
I emailed Residential Services and they said no other nursing students are staying in Geddes Court, but I've decided to just stick with my decision to stay there, can't really afford union street (although she said that heating/lighting/electricity normally comes to about £5 per week per student) but the extra money for travel to and from uni to Union street would all add up too, so Geddes Court it is. :frown:

Aw ok.. Shame :s-smilie: Still ... im sure well all meet at some point. :biggrin:

Yeh Geddes was my 2nd option.. im sure itll be fine. youll meet so many people.. sounds alot of fun :tongue:
Yeah, I think I'm just going to be positive about it, it means I'll get to meet people other than nursing students, so could be fun!

What branch of nursing are you doing?
Reply 8
Yeah, I think I'm just going to be positive about it, it means I'll get to meet people other than nursing students, so could be fun!

What branch of nursing are you doing?

true! :tongue:
Adult :biggrin: yourself?
Reply 9
Hi I am also staying at union street and doing adult nursing :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xlouisemellsx
true! :tongue:
Adult :biggrin: yourself?

Ah cool :smile: I'm doing mental health.
I applied for halls but got allocated Union Street, is anyone else in flat 6A?
I've been given union street accommodation. Anyone for flat 5D!? I'm Tom and I'm doing history

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I got given Union Street too (not that I applied for it, but there you go). I'm Joe, and I'll be doing my first year of Computing Science. :smile:

No idea what exact flat I'm in yet, they haven't told me...
Original post by egg651
I got given Union Street too (not that I applied for it, but there you go). I'm Joe, and I'll be doing my first year of Computing Science. :smile:

No idea what exact flat I'm in yet, they haven't told me...

Hey I'm Laura, I'm thinking of staying at Union Street too but still considering other options yet aha and I'll be starting my first year of Computing Science too :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Laurakate313
Hey I'm Laura, I'm thinking of staying at Union Street too but still considering other options yet aha and I'll be starting my first year of Computing Science too :smile:

You might be out of luck trying to stay anywhere else (unless you've got something not through uni), I think all the places on campus are full. Anyway, I'm in flat 5C so I'll either see you around at home or in class :smile:
Reply 16
heey first post on tsr! :smile:

anyway, i just received an offer of accommodation to stay in the union street development, in lower bridge street.. anyone else here? i'm kinda annoyed about not being able to stay on campus (this is two miles from campus :frown: )... anyone else staying here?
Original post by egg651
You might be out of luck trying to stay anywhere else (unless you've got something not through uni), I think all the places on campus are full. Anyway, I'm in flat 5C so I'll either see you around at home or in class :smile:

I know they're all full but yeah I was looking at stuff not through uni but beginning to think I'm better staying in uni accommodation at union street so its easier making friends and everything in my first year :smile:
Guessing you're not from Scotland either if you've got the last of the accommodation like me aha? And yeah see you around :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Laurakate313
I know they're all full but yeah I was looking at stuff not through uni but beginning to think I'm better staying in uni accommodation at union street so its easier making friends and everything in my first year :smile:
Guessing you're not from Scotland either if you've got the last of the accommodation like me aha? And yeah see you around :smile:

Good guess, I'm from Surrey in England. Not the nice bit where all the posh people live in big country houses though...

Original post by jess204
heey first post on tsr! :smile:

anyway, i just received an offer of accommodation to stay in the union street development, in lower bridge street.. anyone else here? i'm kinda annoyed about not being able to stay on campus (this is two miles from campus :frown: )... anyone else staying here?

Hey look on the bright side, we might have to get a bus to Uni but at least we're within walking distance of town (and the pubs/clubs :wink: ). I'm pretty sure I'd rather be at Union Street than the ghetto Geddes Court.
Reply 19
Heyyy...

I found a FB Group for union Street.. if you wanna meet others/Potential Flatmates :biggrin:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/196872270497078/196879407163031/?notif_t=group_comment_reply#!/groups/196872270497078/

Quick Reply

Latest