The Student Room Group

Extra A-Level Advice

Hello! I am looking to do another A-Level for points. At the moment I am going to be studying; Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, Sociology. I need a course with no CA and lots of exams. What is your advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Economics? 4 modules in total, fits in with your sociology writing skills
Reply 2
Original post by UKBrah
Economics? 4 modules in total, fits in with your sociology writing skills

Yah, what sort of stuff is in economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by JosephSF
Yah, what sort of stuff is in economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

2 modules on microeconomics
2 modules on macroeconomics
Reply 4
Original post by UKBrah
2 modules on microeconomics
2 modules on macroeconomics

Cool, that would actually fit nicely into my uni choice, environmental/ agricultural science

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Can I ask you why you are trying to do an extra a-level, what course do you specifically want to do at uni and what unis are you aiming for?
Reply 6
Cool, that would actually fit nicely into my uni choice, environmental/ agricultural science

Posted from TSR Mobile

yea, do edexcel.
i got 83UMS in unit 1, it was multiple choice/essays didnt revise much. Other chap got 97UMS, he was crazy doe.
Reply 7
Original post by radiopred
Can I ask you why you are trying to do an extra a-level, what course do you specifically want to do at uni and what unis are you aiming for?

Well I want to do BioChemistry or Environmental Agriculture Science. I want to study in Ireland so the points system is very different ahaha I hate CAO

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Well I want to do BioChemistry or Environmental Agriculture Science. I want to study in Ireland so the points system is very different ahaha I hate CAO

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most people who do an extra A-Level usually do Maths or a language to boost their employability or to get onto a specific course.

I don't know about how Ireland works, but if you just need ucas points you can do something like critical thinking etc

You've selected some good A-Level subjects and if you are planning on doing economics like you have stated edexcel and aqa are multiple choice and tend to be a lot easier than ocr. Personally i think you should just do the four and concentrate as much on doingg as good as you can in them and do some volunteering alongside it

Good luck with whatever you choose

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest