The Student Room Group

time management in a levels

I am in my first year of a levels and have just completed my first set of mocks. I didn't do as well as I wanted to in any of my exams (I take biology, chemistry, and Religious Studies). I know that this is partly because I didn't have much time to revise compared to what I would have wanted (we had a holiday the week before the tests but I was away with family most of the time and it had been prebooked months in advance). However, due to many mental health issues I've had over the years and the jump from GCSE to A Levels being so hard, I am also behind in classes, especially my 2 science classes.
I was wondering if anyone would have any advice on how to catch up 10 months of work without getting behind on my current classes, and without burning myself out (again). another problem I have is that I am not neurotypical (I am currently looking into getting a diagnoses of autism but the process has only just started) so I can't always function in the same way most people do which affects my school work, any advice would be hugely appreciated!
Reply 1
I would say to try not to worry about it. You generally get faster the more you understand the content. As you have just over a year until Alevels, thats heaps of time to get faster as you get more confident on the content.
If you have/waiting for a diagnoses, then try not to worry, as you will be given extra time by the time it actually comes to sitting your exams. Its possibly the reason you are struggling with timings right now. Maybe try a said practice AS paper for one of your Alevels and give yourself 25% extra time (generally the standard). This will give you a good guide on what you will have next year. For now though, (easier said than done I know) try not to worry. Just keep consolidating knowledge and that will naturally help you answer questions quicker anyway.

Hope this helps ya :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest