The Student Room Group

Should I lose weight? *Pics*

I currently look like this (first 2 pic's obv.) How much effect/how much weight/training should I do to get a body like these ladies? I am aiming to lose about 7lbs, through eating about 1300 cal. per dat? How much do I look like I weigh in your opinions? (Not fishing for complements btw am f-ing starving and want to eat SO bad but using this to motivate me not too, so be truly honest :biggrin:).

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Free.Help
I currently look like this (first 2 pic's obv.) How much effect/how much weight/training should I do to get a body like these ladies? I am aiming to lose about 7lbs, through eating about 1300 cal. per dat? How much do I look like I weigh in your opinions? (Not fishing for complements btw am f-ing starving and want to eat SO bad but using this to motivate me not too, so be truly honest :biggrin:).

You don't look that far off. 1300 is probably too low, what's your height and weight?

They don't lift at all but equally they look far too skinny. The best girl's body IMO is one that has seen plenty of iron and has a bit of fat on top as well.

Muscle+fat=curves....
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm sorry but why would you want to be as skinny as the fourth picture? That is too much. Please please do not starve yourself. If you are hungry, go eat. People can lose weight by eating but it's more important of how much you also exercise. The first two pictures are gorgeous/sexy/attractive. Do not ruin that. My friend is around the same size as you and gets all the boys especially because she is not a stick like some of the others. It is also not attractive to go on a date and for the other person to not eat along side you.
Reply 3
You can lose 7 pounds in 7 weeks easily (1 pound a week)

Simply eat 1500 calories per day (which gives you a 500 calorie deficit for the average girl). Do some exercise, but as long as you eat clean and stick to the calorie count exercise isn't too much of an issue, it will just speed up the process and make you more toned.

By sticking to the above you will have a calorie deficit of 3500 calories per week which is the equivalent of 1 pound of fat!!!

Good luck and let me know how you get on :smile:
Reply 4
Ignore everyone telling you that you 'need' to lift. I follow Jillian Michaels, her podcasts are free on iTunes, her DVDs aren't that expensive (I recommend Ripped In 30 and Killer Buns and Thighs). She's an absolute boss and disagrees with using weight machines, because they isolate the body in a way that we don't naturally use it. She's a hard arse, but she's brilliant. You use your body weight and dumbells/kettle bells as resistance. If she can bring a 300lb woman down to 120lb she can do anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by tooosh
You don't look that far off. 1300 is probably too low, what's your height and weight?

They don't lift at all but equally they look far too skinny. The best girl's body IMO is one that has seen plenty of iron and has a bit of fat on top as well.

I'm 5'5 and currently weigh 8st 13lbs, I'm aiming for around 8st 6lbs, which is what I used to weigh before I ate food like it's my job :biggrin:
Reply 6
Also, work out your BMR (google it) that will tell you how many calories you'd burn if you didn't get out of bed all day. Mine's about 1300ish, so if you were to stick to a 1200-1600 clean calorie diet (it keeps your metabolism working) and get 30-40 minutes of exercise in 6 days a week you'll be fine :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by LouiseOrd
Ignore everyone telling you that you 'need' to lift. I follow Jillian Michaels, her podcasts are free on iTunes, her DVDs aren't that expensive (I recommend Ripped In 30 and Killer Buns and Thighs). She's an absolute boss and disagrees with using weight machines, because they isolate the body in a way that we don't naturally use it. She's a hard arse, but she's brilliant. You use your body weight and dumbells/kettle bells as resistance. If she can bring a 300lb woman down to 120lb she can do anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I LOVE Jillian Michaels! :smile: I did the 30 day shred and a couple others and they are one of the best workouts everrr
Reply 8
Georga Salpa

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Reply 9
I'm 5'5 and currently weigh 8st 13lbs, I'm aiming for around 8st 6lbs, which is what I used to weigh before I ate food like it's my job :biggrin:

You are fine. No need to lose any weight. Just exercise - run a km each day or play some field sports and you will be fine.
Reply 10
Original post by hattiemcbinky
I'm sorry but why would you want to be as skinny as the fourth picture? That is too much. Please please do not starve yourself. If you are hungry, go eat. People can lose weight by eating but it's more important of how much you also exercise. The first two pictures are gorgeous/sexy/attractive. Do not ruin that. My friend is around the same size as you and gets all the boys especially because she is not a stick like some of the others. It is also not attractive to go on a date and for the other person to not eat along side you.

Trust me, I love food way too much to starve myself :smile: thanks though
Reply 11

In that case I would eat at maintenance levels (the amount you eat which keeps your weight constant) and start lifting weights. Your weight is fine really, so's your stomach.

Do a program like stronglifts.3x squatting a week will get you a very nice ass :wink: much better than those pics.
I LOVE Jillian Michaels! :smile: I did the 30 day shred and a couple others and they are one of the best workouts everrr

30 Day Shred is old :wink:. Ripped in 30 is her new updated, it hurts like hell but it's so worth it!

I'm 8 stone 5 and 5'4" I'm not really looking to lose weight anymore (though this is the heaviest I've ever been), but I want to trim down and tone up. I struggle getting motivated though, especially at home from uni where there's no one else I can be all work out crazy with aha. I need a workout buddy so bad, even just to message or something and discuss what workout to do that day or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey you seem fine just do some exercise and eat clean XD
pictures of arms and legs would help us gauge your body fat better than just your stomach
Why would you want to look like people in the 4th pic who are unheathily skinny?
Reply 16
Honestly you could get that stomach in a month if you really wanted to.

6-8 weeks should do it.

LOW CARB DIET as always
Reply 17
Don't eat anything for a long time, body achieved
Reply 18
Original post by Astarplease01
pictures of arms and legs would help us gauge your body fat better than just your stomach

As requested..

Eat you look healthy. The best way to look good is to eat lots but burn it off through exercise. You're weight may go up slightly if you do exercise because you may get more muscle but that's no bad thing.

Quick Reply

Latest