The Student Room Group

So upset and disappointed

So I got my results today.
The Worst ever.
I got CDEE which is absolutely disgraceful :frown:
What do I do? Resit a FULL YEAR? Im so angry at myself
Reply 1
You should start by stop feeling sorry for yourself. Without being blunt - you didn't work hard enough. But yes If you have hopes of going to a good uni e.g a AAB course, definite resit the year.
Reply 2
You could always do a Foundation year
Reply 3
Someone I know got BCDE at AS and just got A*AB in his A2s without re-doing the year so with hard work and determination its definitely possible. However it will be very tough.
Original post by JackBlack
So I got my results today.
The Worst ever.
I got CDEE which is absolutely disgraceful :frown:
What do I do? Resit a FULL YEAR? Im so angry at myself

I got UUU...but I still managed to go to college, then uni, get a degree & get a decent job.

Brush yourself off and either resit, or look at other options. Anything is possible, you just have to put your mind to it!!

:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by DancinBallerina
I got UUU...but I still managed to go to college, then uni, get a degree & get a decent job.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself, & look at other options. Anything is possible, you just have to put your mind to it!!

:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl2: those were my AS grades too at first :lol:
Original post by Spontogical
:rofl2: those were my AS grades too at first :lol:

I'm not good at exams, so 'bailed' out & chose a BREC; pure coursework. Got Double Distinction (equivalent to two As at A level).

Random but why have you got YT clips in your signature of Mike & Patricia?? (Britpopprincess & her husband).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by DancinBallerina
I'm not good at exams, so 'bailed' out & chose a BREC; pure coursework. Got Double Distinction (equivalent to two As at A level).

Random but why have you got YT clips in your signature of Mile & Patricia?? (Britpopprincess & her husband).

Seems like you've found something that suits you. I too suck at exams, though I did them again and got 3 A's luckily :tongue:

Because they're so ****ing awesome and cute :biggrin:
Original post by Spontogical
Seems like you've found something that suits you. I too suck at exams, though I did them again and got 3 A's luckily :tongue:

Because they're so ****ing awesome and cute :biggrin:

Yes, I certainly am no exam 'bird' that's for sure :tongue:. Coursework all the way for me :smile:

Haha you're so right; two very funny individuals :smile:
Original post by Bloxorus
Someone I know got BCDE at AS and just got A*AB in his A2s without re-doing the year so with hard work and determination its definitely possible. However it will be very tough.

How tough exactly?
:hugs: These things happen. I'm assuming these were your AS levels. Don't beat yourself up about it. I know it's easy to say that now, and your emotions are raw, but now you know what to expect! AS levels are a big step up from GCSE so they're not easy. Resitting a year isn't the end of the world. You need to do what's best for YOU, and what will help you achieve what you want and get where you want to be. And I promise you, you will get there eventually if you want it enough. Just keep that goal in mind. Good luck.
Reply 11
:console: I got CED (one mark off a B in French) but I have some offers in clearing, all is not lost:smile:
Reply 12
Original post by im so academic
How tough exactly?

So tough you're broken mentally and physically when it's over.

Quick Reply

Latest