The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I still haven't had my Kings confirmation? I've had the rest tho. I applied 3 days ago too ://///////
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by tr26
I still haven't had my Kings confirmation? I've had the rest tho. I applied 3 days ago too ://///////

People, it'll take anything up to 7 working days to process your application. If you still don't get your login details by then, go on the portal website, put in your email address and click on the "forgotten password" button, that should do the trick.

If not, just give them a ring. I can imagine the admissions office will be swamped with applications between now and Tuesday so give them some time. :smile:

https://myapplication.kcl.ac.uk/
Reply 182
Hi guys, do I have possibilities with a score of 673 in the UKCAT and good academics/reference/statement?

Thank you in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fadytousa
Hi guys, do I have possibilities with a score of 673 in the UKCAT and good academics/reference/statement?

Thank you in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends how good your academics (GCSEs) are now. They interview the top 25% academically, and since the UKCAT average this year is 660, I'm not sure your UKCAT would get you an interview. But they use a sliding scale between GCSEs and UKCAT, so if you have >8A*s at GCSE then I'd say you have a good chance :smile:
Reply 184
Original post by sidmanny
Depends how good your academics (GCSEs) are now. They interview the top 25% academically, and since the UKCAT average this year is 660, I'm not sure your UKCAT would get you an interview. But they use a sliding scale between GCSEs and UKCAT, so if you have >8A*s at GCSE then I'd say you have a good chance :smile:

Well I'm an Italian student and I have 9/10 in secondary school and 95/100 as a predicted grade (the minimum required is 90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I'm an Italian student and I have 9/10 in secondary school and 95/100 as a predicted grade (the minimum required is 90)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe phone them quickly and ask if you're worried? Or go for it if you really love King's and keep a couple of safe options :smile: Just be warned, they are usually pretty heavy on the UKCAT and the average has risen a lot this year.
Reply 186
Maybe phone them quickly and ask if you're worried? Or go for it if you really love King's and keep a couple of safe options :smile: Just be warned, they are usually pretty heavy on the UKCAT and the average has risen a lot this year.

Thank you very much! :smile: I really love it and I phoned them before today and they told me to apply :smile: I wanted to ask again today after I've seen the average.. I chose also Sheffield Dundee and Cardiff, are they safe? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you very much! :smile: I really love it and I phoned them before today and they told me to apply :smile: I wanted to ask again today after I've seen the average.. I chose also Sheffield Dundee and Cardiff, are they safe? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah brilliant, if they told you to go for it then you should have a chance :smile: I heard somewhere that Sheffield will consider you with a UKCAT over 650 but I'm not sure if that will change with the new average. Cardiff are quite GCSE heavy (they do a points system) so with good academics you should be fine there, they're quite good for all rounders. I don't know anything about Dundee sorry! I love King's too, really hope I get in :smile: I'm a reapplicant, only got one interview last year.
Reply 188
Ah brilliant, if they told you to go for it then you should have a chance :smile: I heard somewhere that Sheffield will consider you with a UKCAT over 650 but I'm not sure if that will change with the new average. Cardiff are quite GCSE heavy (they do a points system) so with good academics you should be fine there, they're quite good for all rounders. I don't know anything about Dundee sorry! I love King's too, really hope I get in :smile: I'm a reapplicant, only got one interview last year.

Thank you again! :smile: good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 189
Applied just now :smile: fingers crossed eh? The prospect of the interview (which I'm pretty confident I'll get) is scaring the s*** out of me!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 190
Hey, what do you reckon my chances are with these:
GCSE 5A*s 4A's and a B
AS: aaab A level predicted A*A*A
UKCAT 742.5 average
I know the ukcat average has absolutely shot up this year, which shows that we're in an insanely clever year group, and that just leaves me worried because my GCSEs are pretty mediocre (or below)...
Reply 191
I've got a bad feeling this "competitive average" is going to soar after looking at the ukcat statistics!!
Reply 192
Original post by PAT330
I've got a bad feeling this "competitive average" is going to soar after looking at the ukcat statistics!!

Probably to 725 (695 + 30) .. damn!
Reply 193
Just got my confirmation email .. So scared so excited. Hope to get an interview! Does anyone know if they sort applicants whether they pass the entry requirements then give interviews based solely on personal statement and ukcat then? Hoping 785 ukcat will get me one ...

Good luck everyone!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So looking at it the way you're looking, with 9A* and 43 predicted for IB Iiii have a good chance for interview? God this is making me nervous.
Im going to change Warwick medicine to Liverpool/Manchester....HAVE YOU SEEN THEIR UKCAT REQUIREMENT (90TH percentile)...women on the phone was laughing at me when I told her that i got 707
Thank the lord for the 7 days time frame you get to change your courses after getting a welcome pack...
Original post by games211
Im going to change Warwick medicine to Liverpool/Manchester....HAVE YOU SEEN THEIR UKCAT REQUIREMENT (90TH percentile)...women on the phone was laughing at me when I told her that i got 707

Laughing... really? To be honest I'm not sure what an "excellent" UKCAT score would be for our cohort. Not really about 700+ now, more like 750+. I'm sitting here with my 717.5 which, according to deciles is as good as someone getting 670 last year!
(edited 10 years ago)
Its crazy how the high ukcat average has gone up this year.
Original post by games211

90th percentile is 727.5 this year (or 2910), Just managed to get it for warwick!!

Quick Reply

Latest