Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
I asked them about interviews and that's what they answered back

Dear ____,

We are still in the process of assessing. As you can imagine, we have received thousands of applications. Interviews will run from the end on Nov until the end of April. Applicants who have been shortlisted will receive at least 2 weeks notice for interviews.

Yours sincerely,
Katie Goodwin, Admission Officer, Medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 581
Original post by lulib

Dear ____,

We are still in the process of assessing. As you can imagine, we have received thousands of applications. Interviews will run from the end on Nov until the end of April. Applicants who have been shortlisted will receive at least 2 weeks notice for interviews.

Yours sincerely,
Katie Goodwin, Admission Officer, Medicineo

Posted from TSR Mobile

So there a more than 2-3 interview dates in December?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 582
Original post by lulib

Dear ____,

Yours sincerely,
Katie Goodwin, Admission Officer, Medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

So does that mean people have an interview at the end of November too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 583
By talking about November she probably referred to graduate applicants. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 584
Original post by lulib
By talking about November she probably referred to graduate applicants. :smile:

I don't think so. Graduate interviews run over a two day period in early jan....
Does anyone know if they have allocated dates for international/non-EU interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tee Logan x
Isn't that a nice surprise? congratulations! :smile:

Oh definitely!! Thanks so much :smile:
Reply 587
Is that all the pre Christmas invites sent out then :frown:??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 588
On kings site, it says interviews for overseas (non EU I'm assuming) would be late jan to early feb. This agrees with what the admissions lady replied in her email to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hugby1
Is that all the pre Christmas invites sent out then :frown:??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope not. The thought of now waiting for the New Year is awful.
Reply 590
Does kings have a ukcat cut off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 591
Original post by 9967

Posted from TSR Mobile

There isn't a set cut off per se. They use a sliding scale. Where UKCAT scores and academic achievements are grouped and scored

That is not to say there is no cut off, but you need a decent UKCAT score with good grades to have a strong chance of an interview invitation

Last year, as stated on their website, this general score was 695

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 9967

Posted from TSR Mobile

Taken from the King's Medicine page (always a good place to go for information on Medicine at King's :p:)

UKCAT scores
Your UKCAT scores will be considered in our selection for interview. They will not be the sole indicator for selection. They will be balanced against achievement in other areas, in particular your academic performance to date. All indicators will be considered together in deciding who will be selected for interview. It is therefore important to understand that there is no universal 'cut off' score for the UKCAT when applying for 2014 entry. For example, if an applicant has an excellent academic background then the test scores will play a less significant part in selection. For those with weaker academic backgrounds (relative to our overall applicant pool), the scores will become more important. An applicant who may not normally be considered on academic grounds could be invited to interview on the strength of strong UKCAT scores that may indicate potential. Also, if applicants are very similar in all other ways, the score may be the determining factor in selection for interview. As a guide for applicants, for 2012/3 entry, most applicants invited for interview had scored at least 695.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 593
Just got an invitation for interview. Woooh!!
Reply 594
Original post by sambe

Hey, what are your stats if you dont mind me asking? Well done aswell :smile:
Reply 595
Original post by sambe

What time did you get it exzactly :smile: ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 596
Original post by lovelycup7
Taken from the King's Medicine page (always a good place to go for information on Medicine at King's :p:)

UKCAT scores
Your UKCAT scores will be considered in our selection for interview. They will not be the sole indicator for selection. They will be balanced against achievement in other areas, in particular your academic performance to date. All indicators will be considered together in deciding who will be selected for interview. It is therefore important to understand that there is no universal 'cut off' score for the UKCAT when applying for 2014 entry. For example, if an applicant has an excellent academic background then the test scores will play a less significant part in selection. For those with weaker academic backgrounds (relative to our overall applicant pool), the scores will become more important. An applicant who may not normally be considered on academic grounds could be invited to interview on the strength of strong UKCAT scores that may indicate potential. Also, if applicants are very similar in all other ways, the score may be the determining factor in selection for interview. As a guide for applicants, for 2012/3 entry, most applicants invited for interview had scored at least 695.

Hope that helps :smile:

Great thanks- just my friends were getting concerned but ones got 712.5 I think and the other above that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 9967
Great thanks- just my friends were getting concerned but ones got 712.5 I think and the other above that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I personally reckon they should be okay :smile: I know the average has gone up this year so you can never be sure, but I guess it depends on their GCSEs etc since they use the sliding scale. Fingers crossed!! :smile:
Reply 598
Original post by nana96
What time did you get it exzactly :smile: ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just logged on. There wasn't anything on the portal yesterday.
Reply 599
Original post by sambe
Just logged on. There wasn't anything on the portal yesterday.

What day is your interview?

Also, did you get an email reminder from myapplication?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest