The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by Pittawithcheese
I am going to hypothesise that they are giving out interviews in (wait for it......)

UCAS candidate number numerical order! Might explain the apparent randomness of the whole thing. Lowest UCAS number through to highest.

Maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine starts with 109 because i'm a reapplicant.. so surely I would have got an interview by now..?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 981
Original post by lixto
i forgot to check my portal until now, and i've just realised i have an interview next week?!?! really got to crack on with interview prep :frown:

Haha, don't worry mate, I received my interview invitation on 15th of November and only read it on 26th, so we're in the same situation.
Chin up! At least you've got it :smile:
Reply 982
How are people preparing for Interviews? I don't know where to start or how to prepare ...any tips would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by callummj6747
They January interview for undergrad so you could be called for interview in December for January :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really!! That's really good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 984
Any internationals here with interviews yet?!?!

WHEN WILL OUR TURN COME :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 985
Original post by cazmasetro
Hey guys. My interview is tomorrow. Just like to ask anyone who's done the interview already whether you actually do have to write an essay? None of the documents I was sent through the portal mention an essay. Only a questionnaire and ethical case study.

Which documents did you receive?? Getting a little scared that I didn't receive any!! Or do you only get them once you're called for an interview??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 986
Original post by Jazelle
Which documents did you receive?? Getting a little scared that I didn't receive any!! Or do you only get them once you're called for an interview??
Posted from TSR Mobile

You get the PDF letter once you're invited to interview. It explains the procedure for the interview day. Someone on here posted the PDF link in an earlier post.
Reply 987
Has everyone who has an interview got/predicted A*s at A level? (Just blue sky thinking here after exeters rejection)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm predicted A*AA and I have an interview, but they want A's not A*'s so I don't know why it makes a difference

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maryamnc
I'm predicted A*AA and I have an interview, but they want A's not A*'s so I don't know why it makes a difference

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exeter wanted AAA but rejected anyone who didn't have a predicted/achieved A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 989
Got an interview!!
Original post by BBBT
Got an interview!!

Nice one, what are your stats and when did they send it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 991
Exeter wanted AAA but rejected anyone who didn't have a predicted/achieved A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seriously? That's absolutely ridiculous!
Seriously? That's absolutely ridiculous!

I can deal with achieved A*s but predicted takes the biscuit, as lots are just rubbish! Hopefully they offer them the A* if they selected them for interview because of it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 993
I can deal with achieved A*s but predicted takes the biscuit, as lots are just rubbish! Hopefully they offer them the A* if they selected them for interview because of it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

On their website it says A*AA-AAA though...I guess they have to pick people some how though :s-smilie: Where else you applied?
On their website it says A*AA-AAA though...I guess they have to pick people some how though :s-smilie: Where else you applied?

Here, Cardiff and Bristol, got my Cardiff interview on Wednesday D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 995
Just got this message

Dear _________

We have already sent out interview invites for Dec interviews which run up until Dec 19th. All slots for Dec have now been filled.

The majority of the interviews will take place after Xmas. If your application is successful you would be invited to interview in the near year- sometime after Jan 9th

Yours sincerely,
Katie Goodwin, Admission Officer, Medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 996
Nice one, what are your stats and when did they send it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks - literally just checked the portal and it was just there
Swear we were supposed to get an email ?!
GCSE : 9A*s 2As
AS : AAAA
A2 predicted A*A*A
UKCAT 735 band 2
Reply 997
Original post by BBBT
Thanks - literally just checked the portal and it was just there
Swear we were supposed to get an email ?!
GCSE : 9A*s 2As
AS : AAAA
A2 predicted A*A*A
UKCAT 735 band 2

When is it?

+ A lot of people on this thread have said they didn't receive an email

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 998
Would I get an interview SOOON??? GCSE 10A* 1A FSMQ A, AS AAAAA, A2 Predictions A*A*A, UKCAT 725 band 2????

I sent mine on the 21st september
Original post by ocelot92
Would I get an interview SOOON??? GCSE 10A* 1A FSMQ A, AS AAAAA, A2 Predictions A*A*A, UKCAT 725 band 2????

I sent mine on the 21st september

I'm GCSE 5A* 5A 2B
As ABBB
Predicted AAA
Ukcat 760 band 1
Applied on oct 14th and have an interview on the twelfth dec, so it must be pretty random!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest