The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hey

Original post by CW84
Hi guys, great to hear from some fellow grads. Congrats on the interview General Maximus and best of luck with it!

Where else have you both applied? As well as Kings, I've applied to both Barts courses and Warwick. Not had any responses yet though. Hopefully will hear something before Christmas!

I've applied to the exact same places as you have!

Barts A100/A101 (still waiting)
Kings A100 (Interview)
Warwick A101 (still waiting)

What are your stats, if you don't mind me asking? (UKCAT etc)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1181
Original post by itsmagic
I think someone's asked this before but I can't find the answer..
On the interview information document, it says we have to bring our interview letters with us but the PDF won't open on my computer or phone. I don't think it's the computer as I think lots of other applicants have this problem too. Has anyone been asked for their interview letter on the day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had the same issue so I emailed kings, and was told that they won't be asking for the letter before the interview (considering quite a few people have been having the same problem) so there is no need to worry about it.
Reply 1182
I'm an international grad and just got an invite for the grad entry program! YEEESS! I was told they would hand them out in jan, but I must have gotten it this weekend. International grads- GO CHECK!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meurge
I had the same issue so I emailed kings, and was told that they won't be asking for the letter before the interview (considering quite a few people have been having the same problem) so there is no need to worry about it.

Oh brilliant, thanks so much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1184
Original post by General Maximus
Hey

I've applied to the exact same places as you have!

Barts A100/A101 (still waiting)
Kings A100 (Interview)
Warwick A101 (still waiting)

What are your stats, if you don't mind me asking? (UKCAT etc)

Oh brilliant, maybe we'll bump into each other at some point! I'm a career changer (been working in finance for 6 years) and have a 2.1 BSc Mathematical Sciences, UKCAT 792.5. I really want to stay in London but it felt silly not to include Warwick given they're the biggest grad course in the country.

How much notice did Kings give you for your interview?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1185
Bricking it for tomorrow, my train gets to King's Cross an hour and a half before my interview time but then i found out I need to be there half an hour early for the 2 tasks. Mad rush!!

Anyone who has had their interview - all the questions out of the ISC book I guess?
Original post by Razer_M
Bricking it for tomorrow, my train gets to King's Cross an hour and a half before my interview time but then i found out I need to be there half an hour early for the 2 tasks. Mad rush!!

Anyone who has had their interview - all the questions out of the ISC book I guess?

As long as there aren't any problems on the trains you should be absolutely fine - it only takes about 10 minutes to get from King's Cross to London Bridge :smile: Good luck!!
Reply 1187
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1188
Original post by lovelycup7
As long as there aren't any problems on the trains you should be absolutely fine - it only takes about 10 minutes to get from King's Cross to London Bridge :smile: Good luck!!

Original post by Kcl2009
You take the northern line from King's X (the black line) southbound via bank. Get off at London bridge, this will take 15 mins.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh thank you so much :')
Original post by DrZwitterion
Hi everyone I'm new to tsr had an interview on the 6th didn't think it went well because I was so nervous. I'm really scared :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's natural to feel like this after an interview! Just try not to worry and use it as a learning experience so that you can be absolutely amazing in any future interviews :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Megamanshah
Can anyone help explaining the NHS reforms that have occurred recently?

Thanks!

The SHAs have also been abolished
CCGs commission all healthcare services apart from GP services
GPs are part of the CCGs and receive 60% of the NHS budget
NHS England commission GP services
However, the PCTs used to receive 80% of the NHS budget
Many redundant jobs were gotten rid of in the reforms, including managerial/accounting jobs which have now been incorporated into the job of a GP, who have not received a pay rise.
Hi is anyone else finding it impossible to get through to the admissions dept? I've called over 60 times this morning and it just hangs up (even when redirected through the main switchboard). I'm at my wits end. :confused:
Reply 1192
Original post by bells8840
Hi is anyone else finding it impossible to get through to the admissions dept? I've called over 60 times this morning and it just hangs up (even when redirected through the main switchboard). I'm at my wits end. :confused:

I had this problem last monday when I tried to call them to change my interview date. Never got through... Try emailing?
Original post by Razer_M
I had this problem last monday when I tried to call them to change my interview date. Never got through... Try emailing?

I've emailed them 8 times and sent 6 messages through myApplication since Thursday! They want me to supply a second academic reference but haven't told me where they want it sent to! I tried to add it to my UCAS but you can't. I didn't know you needed two and they wanted it by noon today. I'm tearing my hair out here :bawling:
Reply 1194
Original post by bells8840
I've emailed them 8 times and sent 6 messages through myApplication since Thursday! They want me to supply a second academic reference but haven't told me where they want it sent to! I tried to add it to my UCAS but you can't. I didn't know you needed two and they wanted it by noon today. I'm tearing my hair out here :bawling:

If you use the "your message" link on the kings portal you can attach any documents and send it that way.
Original post by HHaris14
If you use the "your message" link on the kings portal you can attach any documents and send it that way.

Thanks! I did think of that but I'm not too keen to give my log in details to my Head of dept-plus he's not in the office at the moment anyway. My main concern was the noon deadline and I wanted to ask if there could be an extension to that. I don't think six days is enough notice-esp if someone is away at a conference etc.
I've asked him if he wouldn't mind sending a ref to the ug admissions email address but I'm assuming they've automatically rejected me by now. I can't think of anything else I can do......
Reply 1196
Has anyone, who had an early interview, heard back yet ?
Reply 1197
Has anyone got interviews scheduled for Jan yet?
(edited 10 years ago)
Hey, do we need to bring reference letters from our work experience to interview? as they are not mentioned in the letters.

Thanks
Reply 1199
Is the ethics part of the ISC book adequate for the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest