The Student Room Group

Urgent help needed for applying to pharmacy in 2014

I got DDCC for my AS results, absolutely gutted and I really want to study Pharmacy at University, is it possible? And what Uni's would you advise me to go and apply to? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, if you can get at least BBB or ABB ideally, that would give you the best chance of getting in. Or you can always try and apply for a pharmacy course with a foundation year. E.g. Manchester they allow DDC - CCB but only if you weren't able to get the grades for the standard 4 year Pharmacy because of circumstances beyond your control.
Sunderland and Liverpool John Moores accept 300-320 ucas points which is BBB so they would be good to apply to.
Also, there is Kingston I applied there and they rejected me because I got a D in AS Biology. They offered me a pharmaceutical and chemical sciences foundation degree instead I think you need a D in chemistry with CDD or something similar. Then they allow you to transfer on Pharmacy if you pass. There is always clearing! If you don't meet the offer there is always a chance you can get in. I missed my offer by one grade and they still accepted me.

I hope this helps and good luck don't be disheartened!
Reply 2
What kind of reasons beyond your control? And if I'm predicted ABB or BBB I can try apply to Pharmacy... ? What other Uni's would accept these predictions?? And any other foundation course uni's outside of London?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yasminmohamed
What kind of reasons beyond your control? And if I'm predicted ABB or BBB I can try apply to Pharmacy... ? What other Uni's would accept these predictions?? And any other foundation course uni's outside of London?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure, possibly something like a bereavement or illness. Yeah you can get into pretty much most places with ABB e.g. Manchester, Reading, Cardiff, Medway,University of Central Lancashire, Hertfordshire, Portsmouth. Some of them want the A in specific subjects though. Manchester wants an A in chemistry, maths or biology. Some of those ABB unis would probably be lenient and let you in with lower grades
Ermm I'm not sure about other foundation courses sorry.
Also I found this on TSR Wiki

"University of Brighton - Students can apply internally in their first or second year of BSc in Pharmaceutical and Chemical Sciences, where they need "an overall average mark of not less than 65%; Not less than a mark of 50% in any assessed component; Any modules that are assessed as pass/fail only, will need to be passed but will not be part of the calculation above and these will need to be achieved at the 1st attempt at the module."
Reply 5
i got DDD in my AS Results is it possible that I can still apply to Pharmacy as I really want to do it and I cannot find any other course that I want to do.
Reply 6
You can apply if you have the required predicted grades
Reply 7
I didn't do that great in my as levels or my a2 levels. Managed to come out with a decent grade but they weren't the grades that John moores wanted for their pharmacy course. I got BCD with my D in chemistry and they still allowed me onto their course for 2014
Reply 8
Those who are worried about applying for pharmacy with poor as grades
At the end of AS I had BDE an still applied fr pharmacy at John moores and they happily accepted my place. Just when applying make sure that the places you are applying for has gates that you think you can achieve ad are realistic
Reply 9
Hi guys,

i got results back the other day and I was really disappointed to get all C's in maths, bio, chem and history which I'll be dropping next year. I really want to study pharmacy but are my grades way to low to be able to apply to the likes if reading/UEA/ Nottingham, however in maths and chem I was only a couple of ums away from a B and I'm retaking a couple ESP. Maths which ill know ill get and A overall.i know I can do better esp. Is chem and maths Isit still possible for me to get predicted ABB/AAB my school is pretty ****ty and I'm considering taking up the EPQ to get my entry requirement lowered since i was told that, or is that a bad idea and advice would be great thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending